Prior to coming to Cedarville in 1990, Dr. Sims spent six years at Pillsbury Baptist College in Minnesota as a Professor of History and Chair of the History Department. He also taught for two years in the history department at Azusa Pacific University. While completing doctoral studies, he served as a Staff Assistant for Congressman David Dreier of California for six years.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Government, Claremont Graduate School
- M.A. in History, University of Northern Iowa
- B.A. in History, Cedarville University
- Playing the trumpet
- Visiting historical sites
- Spending time with my grandson, Rex
- Why Cedarville: I am a graduate of Cedarville, so coming back to teach here has been a special blessing. I love my students! They are smart, engaging, and thoroughly enjoyable to be with. God has also blessed me with an outstanding group of colleagues in the Department of History and Government.