Evan Hellwig, Chair
Dr. Hellwig was the first athletic trainer at Cedarville University and helped establish the CAATE-accredited Athletic Training Education Program. He has served as academic advisor to numerous students interested in pursuing graduate education in one of the allied health career fields. He teaches a variety of courses in the athletic training and exercise science programs and stays involved in clinical practice during the summer months. Dr. Hellwig is a member of the National Association for Kinesiology in Higher Education, the National Athletic Trainers Association, the Ohio Athletic Trainers Association, and the Great Lakes Athletic Trainers Association.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D., University of Virginia
- Physical Therapy Certificate, University of Iowa School of Medicine
- B.S., Mankato State University
- Favorite place to visit: A cabin on the Colorado/Wyoming state line.
- Hobbies: Running, Sudoku
- Unusual fact: He is an identical twin
- Why Cedarville: The balance between teaching and scholarship, liberal arts and professional programs, academics and athletics, Christian liberty and accountability.