Janet Neal serves as assistant professor of nursing. She received an M.S.N. from Indiana Wesleyan University in 2008 and a B.S.N. from Austin Peay State University in 1983. Janet began working at Cedarville in 2008. She lives in Springboro and enjoys spending time with her husband, two sons, daughter-in-law, and granddaughter. Her experiences are primarily in mental health, medical surgical nursing, and home care. She also spent eight years in the Army Reserve. Janet serves as a biblical counselor in her church and enjoys gardening, cooking, and entertaining.
- MSN in Nursing Education, Indiana Wesleyan University
- BSN, Austin Peay State University
Areas of Interest
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Nursing Education
Selected Scholarly Activities/Professional Services
- Neal, J. (2008). The Effect of Resiliency Training on Nursing Students' Abilities to Adapt to Stress. Unpublished master's thesis.
- Neal, J., (2009). The importance of right thinking. Journal of Christian Nursing ,26 (3), 177.
- 2005-2007 - Psychiatric Nurse and Adjunct Faculty, Kettering Hospital and Kettering College of Medical Arts, Kettering, OH
- 2004-2007 - Lecturer and Clinical Faculty, Rets College
- 1996-2000 - Staff Nurse, Edgewood City Schools, Trenton, OH
- 1983-1996 - held various medical surgical positions including: staff nurse on medical floors, homecare nurse, and nurse educator for Alabama Department of Public Health.
- 1985-1993 - Officer in U.S. Army Reserves
- Memberships: Ohio Psychiatric Nurses Association - hold office of secretary; Nurses Christian Fellowship; National League for Nursing; American Psychiatric Nurses Association