Dr. Markham began teaching full time at Cedarville in 2011, after several years as an adjunct instructor in both the psychology and education departments. She has worked as a certified school psychologist for 30 years, in a variety of states, countries, and settings. She serves as an advisory board member of New Awakenings, a Christian boarding school in Indiana. Her research interests are in the areas of psychology that involve learning and the educational process, with a particular interest in qualitative research.
Education and Credentials
- Ed.D. in School Psychology, Ball State University
- Ed.S. in School Psychology, Ball State University
- M.A. in School Psychometry, Ball State University
- B.A. in Sociology/Psychology, Grace College
- Favorite places to visit: North Carolina to visit my daughter Grace and her family or Virginia to visit my daughter Anne and her husband.
- Hobbies: Spending time with my grandchildren: Esther, Judah, and Emma, especially when they come to see us at our home where we can fish and play with the dogs and feed the chickens. I also love cooking and gardening with my husband, Bob.
- Why Cedarville: I love the students here at Cedarville that God places in my classes every year! It is pure joy to see them grow and develop academically and spiritually. I feel so blessed to be a part of the psychology department here at Cedarville. We are an eclectic and diverse group of psychologists/educators who represent the broad scope of the profession of psychology, but with a unity of purpose and camaraderie that clearly comes from the Holy Spirit’s leading.