Dr. Jones was a high school biology and chemistry teacher for 17 years before coming to Cedarville. He coordinates the AYA Science Education Program. He was appointed to the Ohio Board of Regents’ Teaching Fellows Program where he co-authored a publication. His current research interests include stream ecology, preservice teachers’ understanding of the nature of science, and science education. Dr. Jones has presented papers at several conferences and served as a reviewer for many publications. He has facilitated professional development workshops at public and private middle and high schools. Dr. Jones was a recipient of the Southwestern Ohio Council for Higher Education Faculty Excellence in Teaching Award.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Science Education, The Ohio State University
- M.A. in Education with Biology Emphasis, University of Akron
- B.A. in Biology, Cedarville University
- Teaching Certificate, Ohio Department of Education
- Favorite places to visit: Gettysburg, Pennsylvania; Western Basin Lake Erie shores and wetlands; La Costa Island, Florida
- Hobbies: Military history, hiking, wildlife viewing, snow skiing, snow shoeing, waterskiing, and walking a Boston terrier.
- Ohio State football, Cleveland Browns, and volleyball.
- International Student-Science Assessments
- National Science Education Standards
- Pre-service Science Teacher Preparation
- Reform Movements in Science Education
- Teaching the Nature of Science Grades 7-12 and College