Director of Social Work program
Before serving as the chair of the Department of Social Work at Cedarville University, Dr. Henning served in the U.S. Air Force as a clinical social worker for over 20 years. During his Air Force career, he was an adjunct faculty member with Park University, Colorado Baptist University, University of Maryland, Wright State University, as well as Cedarville University. His practice experience includes marriage and couples counseling, chemical dependency, developmental disabilities, prisoner rehabilitation, child and adult protective services, mental health counseling, and employee assistance programs (EAP). In 2010, Dr. Henning was recognized as the Social Worker of the Year by the National Association of Social Workers, Region 7 of the Ohio Chapter.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D., University of Pittsburgh
- M.S.W., University of Illinois
- B.S.W., Southern Illinois University-Carbondale
- Member of the Academy of Certified Social Workers
- Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW)