Cedarville University is chartered by the State of Ohio and certified by the Ohio Department of Higher Education. The University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) www.hlcommission.org (230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, Illinois 60604-1411; Phone: 800-621-7440).
The University is preparing for reaffirmation of accreditation and will host the HLC in October 2016. The Steering Committee is currently working to gather evidence and compose an "assurance argument" for reaffirmation of accreditation. They are using the HLC's Guiding Values, Assumed Practices, and Criteria for Accreditation to shape this argument.
Additionally, several departments and programs within the University hold program-specific accreditations, certificates, and licensures insuring our graduates the full benefit of approved and professionally recognized degree programs. See our Accreditation, Recognition, and Licensure page for specific associations.
The Office of Assessment and Accreditation Services works hand-in-hand with Institutional Research to oversee a continuous process to understand, describe, update, and improve the educational quality at Cedarville University through the self-study and accreditation processes. Specifically, Accreditation Services provides direct support for the Higher Learning Commission and the Ohio Department of Higher Education processes including:
- Self-study supervision and coordination
- Submission of change and new program requests
- Preparation of related and required documents
- Planning and logistics for site visits
- Specialized budgeting
- Timing of strategies and announcements
Accreditation Services also provides essential collaboration for specialized programmatic accreditation for specific departments and programs within the University as follows:
- Collaborate with deans and department chairs on an annual basis to ensure appropriate budgetary requirements for accreditation
- Develop an initial timeline and checklist for the self-study and campus visit
- Provide auxiliary support for offices making accommodations for campus visit scheduling of administrators and non-departmental personnel who need to be interviewed
- Collect data and documents requested by the agency that are outside of the departmental control
- Support the departments in their self-study writing process for areas outside of the departmental control and other specific requests
- Review the final content of the self-study and related documents verifying that agency requested responses are answered
- Serve as a liaison to any editor of a final draft of the self-study to ensure consistency of reporting documents
- Participate in campus visits, as needed
Did you know that the Higher Learning Commission keeps a checklist of practices that they expect every institution of higher learning to have as a baseline? They do not necessarily require us to expound on all of these in our Assurance Argument, but... continue »
As the chill of autumn tries its best to settle into southwest Ohio, I think about gathering together some good reads for the sit-by-the-fire season. Might I suggest something right at your fingertips? Great reads, relatable to your personal life,... continue »
Round 2 and counting! Please follow the new graphic in the right margin, indicating where the Assurance Argument is at any point in time. You can track the Argument all the way to lockdown (submission to the Higher Learning Commission) next summer.... continue »