Admissions Timeline and Deadlines
Cedarville University follows a rolling admissions process. An application is reviewed by the admissions committee as soon as the application and all supplemental items are received. While there is no specific deadline for admission under this model, applicants are encouraged to apply early for the term desired due to other deadlines (e.g. financial aid, housing, etc.). International applicants do have a final deadline of May 1 for Fall Semester and November 1 for Spring Semester.
Gather information: August-February of junior year.
- Determine what you want in a college or university.
- Request information from the schools that meet your expectations.
- Review the information you receive.
- Narrow your choices to your top schools.
Take & retake the ACT or the SAT: March of junior year-December of senior year.
- Scholarships are available based on test scores and GPA (Note the deadline for test score submission for scholarships.).
- Use our ACT code (3245) or SAT code (1151) to have your test scores sent directly to Cedarville. The optional ACT writing section is recommended but not required for admission to Cedarville University. International applicants should register for either the TOEFL or the IELTS tests.
- Look for outside scholarships and apply.
Having a problem taking the ACT? Take it when you visit Cedarville. Call 1-800-CEDARVILLE for more information.
Apply for admission and visit! July-December of senior year.
Apply for financial aid: December-February of senior year.
- Submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- For best results, submit all financial aid forms as soon as possible after January 1 and before March 1.
Please be aware of financial aid deadlines for updating test scores that would increase your scholarship amounts.
Make your final decision: March-April of senior year.
- Review your financial aid package
- Contact the financial aid office if you have any questions about your financial aid.
- Visit again to get specific questions answered.