Information Technology (IT)
Welcome to Cedarville University Information Technology (IT). The IT staff provides you with access to the infrastructure, resources, and assistance you will need to be a successful online student. During this module, we will focus on the technology options that are most relevant to your experience as an online student.
This section provides an overview of specific resources necessary and available for your online technology needs.
CedarNet, the Cedarville Network, is a general term used to encompass the wired and wireless campus network, University-licensed software, and Cedarville University’s online presence.
CedarNet is a single sign-on environment, which means you only need one username and password to access all of Cedarville’s online resources. This includes access to material from Cedarville’s partners such as Google (for University email), Moodle (for online courses), and Atomic Learning (for on-demand, online instructional tutorials).
University email is provided through Google Apps for Education. Information technology recommends using the Google Chrome web browser to access your University email. Access your CU Google Mail at cedarville.edu/google. Then enter your CedarNet username and password where prompted for easy access to your email.
- Your University email address is composed of your CedarNet username plus the extension @cedarville.edu.
- You can modify your username toward the end of each semester, and you can change your CedarNet password at any time using a CedarInfo transaction.
CedarInfo is the protected portion of the University website that houses your personal information (e.g., course schedule, transcript, financial aid, student statement, etc.). Access CedarInfo in the QuickLinks section on the student homepage, or by typing cedarville.edu/cedarinfo in a web browser. Log in using your CedarNet username and password.
Hoonuit (formerly Atomic Learning)
Hoonuit (pronounced Who Knew It) offers online, on-demand video tutorials. Whether you are fairly new to technology, or want to become familiar with new software, Hoonuit will open the door to over 50,000 short (two–five minute) technology training videos that are available for viewing 24/7. Access Hoonuit at cedarville.edu/hoonuit.
Google Hangouts is Google's video, audio, and chat application hosted within Google+ and your CU Google Mail account. Using your computer or mobile device's webcam, microphone, and high-speed Internet, you can meet online with fellow students and collaborate for group projects. In addition, Google Hangouts allows you to share and view documents with your online classmates. For more information or to use Google Hangouts, review the instructions for using Google Hangouts.
Computer and Technology Updates
Online students keep their computers and technical knowledge up-to-date. Information Technology (IT) provides hardware and software recommendations. Keeping your computer up-to-date and using the recommended software will help ensure you’re always able to complete course requirements.
Technology Discounts and Mobile App
Technology discounts are available for current Cedarville students. Visit cuMobile to view discounts on laptop computers, cell phones, and mobile plans. You can also download the Cedarville University mobile app for either an Apple or Android device from this same web page.
Student discounts for Microsoft software are available on the software pricing webpage.
Getting help couldn’t be easier! IT provides multiple channels for getting the help you need when you need it.
- IT Help Pages are always available and provide step-by-step instructions for over 400 frequently asked questions. Access the help pages at cedarville.edu/techhelp.
- Email your nonurgent question to TechHelp@cedarville.edu at any time, and a staff member will reply within 24 hours.
- Submit an online IT Request at cedarville.edu/itr if you are having difficulties with your CedarNet account or are experiencing permission or access issues.
- Call IT at 937-766-7905 for password resets and other more urgent technical questions.
- After-Hours Support is available if you have a critical need after 5 p.m. EST or on a weekend. Call the IT main line at 937-766-7905 to receive further information on contacting the after-hours support team.
If you have any questions, contact IT at 937-766-7905. We are so glad to have you with us at Cedarville University and look forward to serving you!