M.B.A. Admission Requirements
Admission RequirementsBegin Your Application
Cedarville University transforms lives through excellent education and intentional discipleship in submission to biblical authority.
- Have a profession of faith in Jesus Christ
- Hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution (preferred GPA of 2.75 or higher)
- Application requirements - We encourage you to apply early for admission to Cedarville. As the applicant, you are responsible for gathering and submitting all the necessary materials required to have your application reviewed.
- Start your FREE online application here!
- Official transcripts - NOTE: You must request these from your previous institutions (include graduate transcripts for any transfer credit you want considered)
- Christian Leader Recommendation (You will provide an e-mail address on your application and we will send your recommender a linked form to be filled out)
- Professional Recommendation (You will provide an e-mail address on your application and we will send your recommender a linked form to be filled out)
Business Prerequisite Courses
What prerequisite courses are required for incoming M.B.A. students?
- You can start the M.B.A. program at Cedarville University without prerequisites; however, you will need to complete undergraduate or postbaccalaureate coursework in Economics, Statistics, Managerial Accounting, and Financial Accounting before taking certain classes in the M.B.A. program that require the prerequisite.
How do I satisfy the prerequisites?
You have two options to satisfy the prerequisite requirements:
- Complete an online, noncredit course using Ivy Software through Cedarville's Center for Lifelong Learning (see below). Each course is competitively priced at $140.
- Complete undergraduate coursework in Economics, Statistics, Managerial Accounting, and Financial Accounting. Check with your program advisor to ensure selected coursework will transfer to satisfy the prerequisite.
What can I expect from Ivy Software?
- For each prerequisite course, you will complete five to six self-paced units. Individual completion time will vary. Some students may complete a course by averaging one unit per week, while others may complete the units during concentrated periods over several days.
- After completing each prerequisite course, you will take an online final exam. You will have two attempts to accomplish a passing score of 75 percent. Each prerequisite course passed will be awarded 10 contact hours for continuing education credit.
- You are able to use resources during the entirety of the course.
Applicants must also affirm their commitment to the Cedarville Covenant and agree to abide by the graduate student handbook. Applicants should also review the University’s doctrinal statement to understand our beliefs and Christian heritage, which serves as the foundation for our community.
Each applicant will be reviewed on an individual basis according to criteria established by the School of Business Administration and Graduate Admissions. Applicants who present satisfactory evidence of their ability to perform at the graduate level are admitted to the M.B.A.. program. Cedarville University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, or disability.