M.S.N. Admission Requirements
Admission RequirementsBegin Your Application
Cedarville University is a Christ-centered learning community equipping students for lifelong leadership and service through an education marked by excellence and grounded in biblical truth.
- Have a profession of faith in Jesus Christ
- Hold a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.) degree from a regionally accredited institution (preferred GPA of 3.0 or higher)
- Hold an unrestricted license as a registered nurse (RN) in the United States for clinical experience
- Application requirements - We encourage you to apply early for admission to Cedarville. As the applicant, you are responsible for gathering and submitting all the necessary materials required to have your application reviewed.
- Start your FREE online application here!
- Official transcripts - NOTE: You must request these from your previous institutions (include graduate transcripts for any transfer credit you want considered)
- Christian Leader Recommendation (You will provide an e-mail address on your application and we will send your recommender a link to be filled out)
- Professional Recommendation (You will provide an e-mail address on your application and we will send your recommender a link to be filled out)
- Resume - in a PDF or Word document format
M.S.N. Admissions Process and Timeframe
- The School of Nursing M.S.N. Admission, Progression, Retention Committee reviews M.S.N./Global Public Health and M.S.N./Nurse Educator applications on a rolling basis. Graduate Admissions notifies applicants of the admission decision.
- The School of Nursing M.S.N. Admission, Progression, Retention Committee reviews M.S.N./Family Nurse Practitioner applications for the upcoming academic year in November and in March, after which admissions are on a rolling basis. There is no published application deadline; however, programs are competitive with a set number of spaces for incoming students in each term. Graduate Admissions notifies applicants of the admission decision.
Applicants must also affirm their commitment to the Cedarville Covenant and agree to abide by the graduate student handbook. Applicants should review the University’s doctrinal statement to understand our beliefs and Christian heritage, which serves as the foundation for our community.
Each applicant will be reviewed on an individual basis according to criteria established by the School of Nursing and Graduate Admissions. Applicants who present satisfactory evidence of their ability to perform at the graduate level are admitted to the M.S.N. program. Cedarville University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, or disability.