Reading Endorsement Admission Requirements
Admission RequirementsBegin Your Application
Cedarville University is a Christ-centered learning community equipping students for lifelong leadership and service through an education marked by excellence and grounded in biblical truth.
- Have a profession of faith in Jesus Christ
- Hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Hold a current Ohio educator licensure
- Meet applicable prerequisites
- Applicants hold the Adolescent/Young Adult (AYA), multi-age, or career technical license must have completed a prerequisite of nine credit hours of undergraduate or graduate level reading sequence coursework before being admitted.
- All other applicants must have completed the prerequisite 12 semester credit hours of undergraduate- or graduate-level reading sequence coursework before being admitted.
- Application requirements - We encourage you to apply early for admission to Cedarville. As the applicant, you are responsible for gathering and submitting all the necessary materials required to have your application reviewed.
- Begin your application today
- Official college transcripts - NOTE: include graduate transcripts for any related transfer credit
- Christian Leader Recommendation form
- Professional Reference form
Applicants must also affirm their commitment to the Cedarville Covenant and agree to abide by the graduate student handbook. Applicants should also review the University’s doctrinal statement to understand our beliefs and Christian heritage, which serves as the foundation for our community.
Each applicant will be reviewed on an individual basis according to criteria established by the School of Education and Graduate Admissions. Applicants who present satisfactory evidence of their ability to perform at the graduate level are admitted to the Reading Endorsement Certificate program. Cedarville University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, or disability.