The Story of William Gibson
- Ways to Give
- 10-Year Campus Master Plan
- The President’s Society
- The Young Alumni President’s Society
- William Gibson Society
- Matching Gifts
- Yellow Jacket Partners
- Contact Us
In 1891, Cedarville College was still a dream, waiting to become a reality. The state of Ohio chartered the school in 1887; however, due to lack of any meaningful monetary support, Cedarville existed in name only. Those lean years were difficult for the trustees, and their hopes soon faded. They were on the brink of abandoning the entire project.
In November, they received word that the late William Gibson, an influential Cincinnati businessman, had designated $25,000 to Cedarville in his will in memory of his father and business partner, Peter Gibson. News of this estate gift revitalized the board and breathed new life into the young college.Read More
As a member, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Receive our exclusive William Gibson Society engraved rosewood desk pen set.
- Attend the elegant Legacy Banquet held on campus each year at homecoming.
- Receive the annual President’s Report to track how gifts are used for students and the University.
- Create an enduring legacy that will both preserve Cedarville’s heritage and ensure its future for generations to come.