Airport Marriot Lakeside
Address: 7499 Augusta National Dr. Orlando, FL 332822
Distance from airport: 1 mile
Distance from port: 40 miles
Perks: FREE Shuttle from airport
Transportation to port included when booked through NCL
What do I need to bring?
- Bag limitations — Each person may bring two pieces of luggage weighing up to 50 lbs each. Your suitcases will be collected the night before returning home so remember to pack an overnight bag for prescriptions and necessary items.
- Packing suggestions — For details on how to dress for different events and for packing lists and restrictions, please visit Norwegian’s Prepare for your Cruise page. This site also has suggestions for children’s activities, if you decide to bring your kids.
What are the required documents?
- You may either check in with a valid US passport or with two forms of ID that prove US citizenship. The most common of these forms would be a valid driver’s license and a birth certificate. For more examples of valid documentation and information on documents for non-US citizens, please Norwegian’s Required Documentation page. **NOTE: PAGE MAY CHANGE AFTER 2016**
Are children welcome to come?
- Absolutely! Children over 12 months of age with proper documentation (listed above) are welcome to join the adventure! Norwegian offers a variety of family-friendly activities, including pools, sports complexes, and shore excursions. Kids can also take advantage of free child and youth programs, including supervised creative play, sports, and Norwegian’s own Splash Academy. Find out more on the Family Cruising page.
What is included in the cruise fare?
- Promotions — As part of a special promotion, guests of the Cedarville Friends for Life group will enjoy a $75 credit per room upon arrival. The credit can be used toward any excursion or ship amenity. The only exclusion is tipping and gratuity.
- Stateroom accommodations — All staterooms include a TV, safe, hair dryer, and toiletries. Complimentary room service is also available from 5 a.m. until midnight.
- Cruise amenities — The cruise fare includes five complimentary dining options, transportation to our port of call, kids and youth programming, on-board entertainment, access to fitness facilities, use of outdoor pools and hot tubs, and of course the sweet company of the Cedarville family. Norwegian publishes the “Freestyle Daily” to highlight events and activities for the following day. For details and more information, check out the overview of the Norwegian Sun.
- Paid amenities and services — For an additional rate, the Norwegian Sun also offers spa and salon services, meals in specialty restaurants, an art gallery, internet access, laundry services, an arcade, and many other services.
Are there any hidden fees?
- Norwegian does reserve the right to charge a fuel supplement without prior notice should the price per barrel of fuel increase above $65. In the case that this occurs, Norwegian will have the sole discretion to apply the supplementary charge. This occurrence is unlikely and will not exceed $10.00 per passenger per day.
How do we get there?
- Flying — If flying, please make plans to arrive at the Orlando International Airport (MCO). Norwegian recommends booking a flight that will arrive no later than 6 hours prior to boarding. You might also consider arranging for a Norwegian Cruise Line Representative to meet you at baggage claim and transfer you by bus to the port. To make arrangements for this service, call 1-800-327-7030. You may also take advantage of a taxi service or rent a car.
For information on parking and directions to Norwegian’s Port of Call, please click here
When should I arrive and check in?
- Norwegian requires all of its guests to check in online prior to boarding. The suggested time to check in is four days in advance. On the day of departure, the cruise line requests that guests arrive no earlier than one hour before the embarkation time noted on our eDocs and no later than two hours prior to departure time. To find out more, visit their site on Departure Day.
Will I have my own itinerary?
- Cruising is about relaxing, so we will not weigh you down with a full schedule before you arrive. Guests will have the opportunity to join the Cedarville family for breakfast and dinner, and to listen to sessions by our special guests. The time is completely yours, and you may fill it with as many excursions or other activities as you would like!
How is this different from booking a cruise on my own?
- There are multiple advantages when you book your cruise with us! Guests who register with the Cedarville Friends for Life tour receive a group rate, special guests offering workshops throughout the vacation, encouraging devotionals, and the opportunity to spend quality time with friends you know and other Cedarville University alumni.