Cedarville University offers the following focused bioethics courses. These are required courses within the bioethics minor, but are also available to any University student who meets course requirements:
BIO-4710 - Principles of Bioethics
- Christian principles of bioethics, with an emphasis on personhood and the sanctity of human life. Three lectures per week. (3 semester hours)
- Prerequisites: completion of core biology curriculum; Junior status.
GBIO-2720 - Bioethics and the Human Experience
- An integrative survey of bioethics, emphasizing human personhood, human sexuality and reproduction, end-of-life issues, and biomedical decision making. (3 semester hours)
- Prerequisite: BIO-1000 Principles of Biology
GBIO-4700 - Bioethics Colloquium
- An integrative bioethics project, including a written paper and oral presentation. (1 semester hour)
- Prerequisite: Completion of other elements of Bioethics minor.
For additional academic information, please consult the University catalog.