DL's are a select
group of students who have volunteered to assist the Discipleship Council in developing
and leading small group studies on campus.
Requirements and Responsibities
- A heart for God, a desire to grow spiritually, and a desire to encourage other
students in their spiritual growth.
- Be available for training in how to lead discipleship groups near the
beginning of the fall semester. This training will be given by the
Discipleship Director (Aaron Cook) and the DC (Discipleship Council) members.
- All DL’s are strongly encouraged to assist with the Getting Started new student
orientation. This will involve returning to campus early in the fall and will give
you experience in leading a group, as well as important relational contacts
with new students which may assist you in assembling your discipleship group. (If you have schedule conflicts with this, don’t let it discourage you
- You will be meeting throughout the entire school year with a team of fellow
Discipleship Leaders under the guidance of a specific Discipleship
Council member. These meetings will be every week, and will prepare you for
leading your own small group as you go through the study together as a
- In addition to meeting with the leadership team, you will be leading your own
discipleship group. This will also be a weekly responsibility. The groups
you will be leading will start 4-5 weeks into the fall semester and go through
the spring semester.
- Total time commitment will be 3-5 hours per week.
- Exercise your spiritual gifts
- Develop your ministry skills
- Be challenged in your spiritual growth
- Be encouraged by friendships developed through your service
- Impact your campus for Christ