Cedarville University Pastors Conference with 9Marks
Biblical Church Leadership - October 27-28, 2020
Presented by Cedarville University and 9Marks
Conference Mission Statement
Through biblical teaching and fellowship, the Cedarville University Pastors Conference with 9Marks will challenge, strengthen, and encourage ministry leaders as they serve their church and community.
9Marks exists to equip church leaders with a biblical vision and practical resources for displaying God’s glory to the nations through healthy churches.
This event takes place October 27–28, 2020 on the campus of Cedarville University. Check-in begins at 8 a.m. in the Stevens Student Center lobby.
This year's speakers include
- Ray Ortlund, Immanuel Church in Nashville, TN
- Ed Moore, North Shore Baptist Church, Bayside, NY
- Bobby Scott, Community of Faith Bible Church, South Gate, CA
- Garrett Kell, Del Ray Baptist Church, Alexandria, VA
More speaker information coming soon.
Garrett Kell is the lead pastor of the Del Ray Baptist Church, Alexandria, Virginia. Garrett grew up in Berkeley Springs, West Virginia, and attended Virginia Tech, where he came to know the Lord, through the witness of a friend and the ministry of Campus Crusade for Christ. Later, Garrett served as the evangelism pastor at Denton Bible Church in Denton, Texas. While there, Garrett earned his Th.M. from Dallas Theological Seminary. Garrett then served as the senior pastor at Graham Bible Church in Graham, Texas for seven years. He later spent time on staff with Capitol Hill Baptist Church which helped place him with Del Ray Baptist Church. Garrett and his wife, Carrie, have five children, Eden, Haddon, Phoebe, Graham, and Simeon. Garrett enjoys hanging out with his family, watching sports, and occasionally doing some type of exercise.
More speakers to be announced soon.
The 9Marks of a Healthy Church
- Expositional Preaching–An expositional sermon takes the main point of a passage of Scripture, makes it the main point of the sermon, and applies it to life today.
- Biblical Theology–Biblical theology is sound doctrine; it is right thoughts about God; it is belief that accords with Scripture.
- A Biblical Understanding of the Gospel–A biblical understanding of the gospel is important because the gospel is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes, and it is the only way for sinful people to be reconciled to a holy God.
- A Biblical Understanding of Conversion–A biblical understanding of conversion recognizes both what God does and what people do in salvation.
- A Biblical Understanding of Evangelism–Evangelism is simply telling non-Christians the good news about what Jesus Christ has done to save sinners.
- Biblical Church Membership–According to the Bible, church membership is a commitment every Christian should make to attend, love, serve, and submit to a local church.
- Biblical Church Discipline–In the broadest sense, church discipline is everything the church does to help its members pursue holiness and fight sin. Preaching, teaching, prayer, corporate worship, accountability relationships, and godly oversight by pastors and elders are all forms of discipline.
- Biblical Discipleship and Growth–Scripture teaches that a live Christian is a growing Christian (2 Pet. 1:8-10). Scripture also teaches that we grow not only by instruction, but by imitation (1 Cor. 4:16; 11:1). Therefore churches should exhort their members to both grow in holiness and help others do the same.
- Biblical Church Leadership –The Bible teaches that each local church should be led by a plurality of godly, qualified men called elders.
For additional information about Cedarville University Pastors Conference, please contact Loren Kuhn.
251 North Main Street
Cedarville, OH 45314