Cedarville University Pastors Conference with 9Marks
Cedarville University and 9Marks Ministries are pleased to present:
Discipleship & Growth
Thank you for your interest in the Cedarville University Pastors Conference with 9Marks. The fall 2018 conference details and registration information is not yet available. The fall 2018 conference, (Nov. 6-7) theme will be Discipleship and Growth. The conference sessions will focus on 3 key questions.: What is it? Where is it in the Bible? and Why is it important?
We are pleased that Dr. Mark Dever will be one of our featured speakers. Mark Dever serves as the senior pastor of Capitol Hill Baptist Church in Washington, DC. He is the president of 9Marks and has taught at a number of seminaries. Dr. Dever has also authored several books and articles. He and his wife Connie live and minister on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C.
Please check back soon for additional speakers and conference details. Early bird registration is expected to open on July 1, 2018. If you would like to listen to audio recordings of previous conferences, see the "conference recordings" link in the Resources section below.
9Marks of a Healthy Church
The 9Marks of a Healthy Church:
- Expositional Preaching: An expositional sermon takes the main point of a passage of Scripture, makes it the main point of the sermon, and applies it to life today.
- Biblical Theology: Biblical theology is sound doctrine; it is right thoughts about God; it is belief that accords with Scripture.
- A Biblical Understanding of the Gospel: A biblical understanding of the gospel is important because the gospel is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes, and it is the only way for sinful people to be reconciled to a holy God.
- A Biblical Understanding of Conversion: A biblical understanding of conversion recognizes both what God does and what people do in salvation.
- A Biblical Understanding of Evangelism: Evangelism is simply telling non-Christians the good news about what Jesus Christ has done to save sinners.
- Biblical Church Membership: According to the Bible, church membership is a commitment every Christian should make to attend, love, serve, and submit to a local church.
- Biblical Church Discipline: In the broadest sense, church discipline is everything the church does to help its members pursue holiness and fight sin. Preaching, teaching, prayer, corporate worship, accountability relationships, and godly oversight by pastors and elders are all forms of discipline.
- Biblical Discipleship and Growth: Scripture teaches that a live Christian is a growing Christian (2 Pet. 1:8–10). Scripture also teaches that we grow not only by instruction, but by imitation (1 Cor. 4:16; 11:1). Therefore churches should exhort their members to both grow in holiness and help others do the same.
- Biblical Church Leadership: The Bible teaches that each local church should be led by a plurality of godly, qualified men called elders.
Conference Mission Statement
Through biblical teaching and fellowship, the Cedarville University Pastors Conference with 9Marks will challenge, strengthen, and encourage ministry leaders as they serve their church and community.
9Marks exists to equip church leaders with a biblical vision and practical resources for displaying God’s glory to the nations through healthy churches.
For additional information about Cedarville University Pastors Conference, please contact Loren Kuhn.
251 North Main Street
Cedarville, OH 45314