Cedarville University Pastors Conference with 9Marks
Conference Mission Statement
Through biblical teaching and fellowship, the Cedarville University Pastors Conference with 9Marks will challenge, strengthen, and encourage ministry leaders as they serve their church and community.
9Marks exists to equip church leaders with a biblical vision and practical resources for displaying God’s glory to the nations through healthy churches.
Did you miss our 2018 Pastors Conference with 9Marks? For your edification, we are pleased to offer conference sessions online.Listen to the conference recordings »
Check back soon for more information!
The 9Marks of a Healthy Church
- Expositional Preaching–An expositional sermon takes the main point of a passage of Scripture, makes it the main point of the sermon, and applies it to life today.
- Biblical Theology–Biblical theology is sound doctrine; it is right thoughts about God; it is belief that accords with Scripture.
- A Biblical Understanding of the Gospel–A biblical understanding of the gospel is important because the gospel is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes, and it is the only way for sinful people to be reconciled to a holy God.
- A Biblical Understanding of Conversion–A biblical understanding of conversion recognizes both what God does and what people do in salvation.
- A Biblical Understanding of Evangelism–Evangelism is simply telling non-Christians the good news about what Jesus Christ has done to save sinners.
- Biblical Church Membership–According to the Bible, church membership is a commitment every Christian should make to attend, love, serve, and submit to a local church.
- Biblical Church Discipline–In the broadest sense, church discipline is everything the church does to help its members pursue holiness and fight sin. Preaching, teaching, prayer, corporate worship, accountability relationships, and godly oversight by pastors and elders are all forms of discipline.
- Biblical Discipleship and Growth–Scripture teaches that a live Christian is a growing Christian (2 Pet. 1:8-10). Scripture also teaches that we grow not only by instruction, but by imitation (1 Cor. 4:16; 11:1). Therefore churches should exhort their members to both grow in holiness and help others do the same.
- Biblical Church Leadership –The Bible teaches that each local church should be led by a plurality of godly, qualified men called elders.
For additional information about Cedarville University Pastors Conference, please contact Loren Kuhn.
251 North Main Street
Cedarville, OH 45314