Art and Design Camp
June 26-30, 2017
Cedarville's Art and Design Camp presents students an introduction to three areas of visual art: studio art, graphic design, and industrial design. This camp is aimed at providing students an understanding of some of the basic principles of art and design used in constructing a variety of visual concepts for both traditional and digital media. This goal will be achieved through instruction, group discussion, and hands-on experience in these three disciplines of visual art.
- The studio art portion of the camp will focus on seeing and responding visually using a variety of traditional studio techniques.
- The graphic design portion of the camp will expose students to theory, approaches, and techniques used in developing target-focused design solutions. This will include experience using state-of-the-art computer systems and software in the execution of digital design concepts.
- The industrial design component of the camp will expose students to the world of industrial design by visit to design studios, discussions with industrial designers, and demonstrations by designers.
The week will also include visits to the Dayton Art Institute, artist's studios, and guided tours of leading area graphic design and industrial design firms.
Art and Design Camp is open to Christian students entering 10th through 12th grades, or incoming freshmen to Cedarville University, who are considering careers in graphic design, industrial and innovative design or studio art.
Yellow Springs, OH
Cost and Registration Details
The $400 registration fee includes all meals, housing, field trips, activities, supplies, and a camp shirt.
For the June 26-30 week, the final deadline for registration is June 14, 2017.
Check into residence halls between 3-5 p.m. on Monday. Camp concludes at 2:00 p.m. on Friday, unless indicated otherwise in the camp schedule. All campers must be picked up by 2:30 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: We are unable to accommodate any early arrivals/late departures for any camp students. Please adjust your schedule accordingly.
What to Bring
- Great attitude
- Open heart to the Lord
- Excitement to learn
- Desire to make new friends
and in your suitcase…
- linens or sleeping bag for twin bed
- pencil and notebook
- personal items
- comfortable clothes and shoes
- trash can
- money for snacks
- signed medical release form [pdf]
What to Wear
Modest casual dress including blue jeans, shorts, and t-shirts are acceptable for camp activities. Shorts should be no shorter than halfway between the top of the knee and top of the thigh. Exposed midriff style shirts are not allowed.
Cedarville University Airport Transportation
Dayton – $45 roundtrip
Columbus – $80 roundtrip
Cedarville University provides shuttle service from Dayton and Columbus airports to pick up Academic Camp students at 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. on Monday. The shuttles will drop off Academic Camp students at Dayton and Columbus airports on Friday at 3:00 p.m. For a shuttle service to Dayton, there is a $45.00 round-trip charge. For shuttle service to Columbus, there is a $80.00 round-trip charge.
PLEASE NOTE: Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate any early arrival and early/late departure for any camp students. Please adjust your schedule accordingly.
Please e-mail Event Services with your student's flight information and cell phone number (if applicable) by the registration deadline to confirm shuttle service.