Recent 2018 High School Graduates accepted to Cedarville University
The Wave experience will equip students to prepare for college. Wave pre-college program targets high school graduates accepted to Cedarville University. The program will fill the need of these students holistically as they prepare to succeed at a high standard university level. These categories include academics, CU life, seminars, and community building.
We offer the Foundations course of our reputable Academic Enrichment Center with core proficiencies. Successful completion of the program/courses provides students with the faculty scholarship of $2,000 per year and they will be able to start immediately on their major specific classes with the skills and community in place!
- Students will receive 1 credit hour for their Foundations course
- Each Student will pursue a proficiency of their choice. Proficiencies offered include:
Wave promotes strong community to be established prior to coming to Cedarville University as a freshmen.
- Possible Area Activities:
- Team building events on campus
We want to introduce students to a life that has impacted the kingdom of God for generations. Beyond the big picture, research proves that students exposed to college life prior to entry are more likely to succeed!
- Our students can have interactions with our qualified faculty, staff and current students.
- Students will engage in activities that current students here on campus live out every day:
There are many things that a student wishes they could have known prior to coming to campus. The students will be offered seminars where they can hear practical and ideological thoughts from key individuals.
- Life calling as Career Assessment and resume workshop
- Integrating what you learn beyond a good grade
- Testimonies of faculty
- How to Sketch Note
- Spiritual walk on campus
- Google 101 – Google docs, keeping Google calendar, etc.
- Balance of social life and academics
June 11 – 22, 2018
Check into residence halls between 3-5 p.m. on Monday. Program concludes at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, June 22nd. All students must be picked up by 10:30 a.m. on Friday.
$950/person - program fee includes all meals, housing, field trips, activities, supplies, and a t-shirt.
What to Wear?
Modest casual dress including blue jeans, shorts, and t-shirts are acceptable for program activities. Shorts should be no shorter than halfway between the top of the knee and top of the thigh. Exposed midriff style shirts are not allowed.
What to Bring?
- Climbing Wall Waiver (Online Form)
- Parent/Medical Release Form
- Great attitude
- Open heart to the Lord
- Excitement to learn
- Desire to make new friends
- linens or sleeping bag for
- pencil and notebook, laptop, academic supplies
- personal items
- comfortable clothes and shoes
- modest bathing suit
- additional spending money (snacks, bookstore, coffee shop)
- signed medical release form [pdf]
Cedarville University Airport TransportationDayton – $45 roundtrip
Columbus – $80 roundtrip
Cedarville University provides shuttle service from Dayton and Columbus airports to pick up Wave Program students at 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. on Monday. The shuttles will drop off Wave Program students at Dayton and Columbus airports on Friday at 3:00 p.m. For a shuttle service to Dayton, there is a $45.00 round-trip charge. For shuttle service to Columbus, there is a $80.00 round-trip charge.
PLEASE NOTE: Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate any early arrival and early/late departure for any students. Please adjust your schedule accordingly. Please e-mail Event Services with your student's flight information and cell phone number (if applicable) by the application deadline to confirm shuttle service.