Begin Your Application
Cedarville University is a Christ-centered learning community equipping students for lifelong leadership and service through an education marked by excellence and grounded in biblical truth. Cedarville University invites applications to the graduate reading endorsement certificate from educators who:
- Have a profession of faith in Jesus Christ
- Hold a bachelor's or master’s degree in education from a regionally accredited institution
- Hold a current Ohio educator license
Additionally, applicants must meet the following prerequisites:
- Applicants who hold the Adolescent/Young Adult (AYA), multi-age, or career technical license must have completed a prerequisite of nine credit hours of undergraduate or graduate level reading coursework before being admitted as well as a course in phonics.
- All other applicants must have completed the prerequisite twelve semester credit hours of undergraduate or graduate level reading sequence coursework before being admitted which includes one phonics course.
Applicants must also affirm their commitment to the Cedarville covenant and agree to abide by the graduate student standards of conduct. Applicants should review the University’s doctrinal statement to understand our beliefs and Christian heritage, which serves as the foundation for our community.
The School of Education and University Admissions review the qualifications of each applicant on an individual basis. Applicants who present satisfactory evidence of their ability to perform at the graduate level are admitted to this certificate program. Cedarville University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, or disability.
- Application for Admission [online]
Provide personal, educational, and professional information; submit a personal statement indicating your motivation and goals for pursuing this program.
- Christian Leader Reference [online] [pdf]
Have a pastor or church leader within the church you attend who is familiar with your testimony and spiritual development complete this form. References from family members will not be accepted.
- Professional Recommendation [online] [pdf]
Have a colleague, professional contact, or professor who has knowledge of the requirements of graduate-level work complete this form. Recommendations from personal friends or family members will not be accepted.
Provide official college transcripts from all postsecondary institutions in which you have enrolled, even if no credit was earned. The degree-granting institution should also indicate the degree conferred and the date granted. If you are currently completing a master's degree during the admission review, conditional admission may be granted until the final official degree-granting transcript is received. Program prerequisites will be assessed during the review process using transcripts submitted. If it is determined that you need to fulfill a prerequisite course, you will need to do so as part of your progression in the program and will be conditionally admitted.
Note: Please review additional information and requirements for international students.
Note: Please review readmission information for existing graduate and adult students.
Your application will be processed and reviewed by University Admissions as soon as all of the materials are received. In most cases you will be notified by letter within three weeks of the admissions decision. However, some applications may need extended time for review or follow-up. If you have not heard within 30 days of submitting all the necessary documents, please contact us.