Help Them Soar Outline
Preparing for College Personally and Academically
- What should we be doing right now to prepare for the journey?
- What are some important personal issues to consider?
- Who should be involved in choosing a college?
- How do we decide which college or university is best for our family?
- What courses should my student take during the high school years?
- What are the all-important deadlines or forms not to forget?
- How important are ACT/SAT test scores in admissions and scholarship decisions?
- What will the admissions office consider when they receive an application?
Finding your Way through the Financial Aid Maze
- What is the philosophy underlying financial aid in the U.S.?
- How does financial aid fit into our family's college financial plans?
- What types of financial aid are available?
- How and when do I apply for financial aid?
- How is financial need determined?
- How is the FAFSA involved in the application for financial aid?
- What are other possible sources of financial aid?
- Are there ways to reduce college costs?