Inner City Impact, Chicago
Inner City Impact is a non-profit Christian organization that works with K-12th grade children and youth through a variety of programs including after-school clubs, camping, leadership development, small group Bible studies, mentoring, discipleship, outings and sports leagues. Their vision is to reach the thousands of children between the ages of 5 and 18 living within a few blocks of each of their centers.
Typical Day of Ministry
- 7:30 a.m. Breakfast
- 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Christian school—tutoring and assisting as a teacher's aid
- 3:00 - 6:00 p.m. Assist with kid's club
- 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. Dinner
- 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. Work project at the ICI center
$310 per person
This cost is based on a team of 8 students and covers housing, meals, and transportation.
Meals will be prepared by your team. We will send money with you to purchase food for the week once you arrive in Chicago.
You can ask your church or youth group to help support your costs but, unfortunately, they will NOT be able to receive a tax-deductible receipt. Funds received over and above the support needed by a team member are non-refundable and will be considered overage. Overage will be put directly into the team fund as a whole.
You will leave campus Saturday, February 27 at 8:00 a.m. and return Saturday evening, March 6.
How can I get more information?
- Contact John Wambold, Director of Community Ministries.
- The Spring Break trip is a great introduction to this urban ministry opportunity and in the past, several participants have decided to spend a summer serving on staff with ICI in Chicago!
How do I get involved?
- Complete the ministry application form by November 15.
- We hope to post teams before Christmas Break.