Rights and Responsibilities
Students have the right to…
- Confidentiality of records under the Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act.
- A non-discriminatory, equitable and accessible atmosphere at CU.
- Effective implementation of reasonable and appropriate accommodations in a timely manner.
- Receive support from Disability Services if approved accommodations have not been implemented.
- File an appeal with the Disabilities Compliance Coordinator and the Director of the Academic Enrichment Center if there is a disagreement with an accommodation decision.
- File a grievance if rights are perceived to have been violated under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA/ADAAA).
Students have the responsibility to…
- Participate in an interactive process with Disability Services staff when requesting accommodations and as necessary thereafter.
- Adhere to the guidelines and procedures of Disability Services.
- Provide adequate notice of accommodation requests for a timely response.
- Provide a copy of the Letter of Accommodation to professors.
- Fulfill all course requirements, thereby meeting the same requirements as all students.
- Adhere to the policies of Cedarville University and the Student Code of Conduct as outlined in the Student Handbook.
- Continue to be qualified for accommodations through Disability Services.
- Contact the Disabilities Compliance Coordinator:
- With questions about the process.
- With questions about approved accommodations.
- If accommodations are not being met.
- If accommodations are not effective for equal access.