Student Organization FAQs
What does being a part of Chi Sigma Omega require for my Org? Why does my Org need a Fac/Staff advisor?
Cedarville Student Organizations requires Orgs be accountable and sustainable. Guidance from a Fac/Staff advisor will help ensure accountability and sustainability.
Do Org Officers need to attend CU LEAD?
Yes. Chi Sigma Omega is a part of Student Life Programs which has as its mission to “develop lifelong leaders.” Attending CU Lead is one of the many ways SLP equips students to become leaders.
How does my Org apply for Incentive Funds?
Fill out the Incentive Fund Request form in CSI. If you need incentive funds for an event, submit the form at least two weeks prior to the event date.
How can I access my Org's General Ledger (GL) account?
- Log in to CedarInfo and scroll to "Financial Transactions"
- Click on "General Ledger Departmental Lookup"
- Enter your Org's account number and view your balance
If you do not have access, please submit a General Ledger Account Request form on CSI
If I need to buy something for my Org, can I use an SLP credit card?
No. If you need to make a purchase for your Org, you must find a way to make that purchase within your Org, and then fill out a Requisition Form.
How does my Org fill out a Requisition Form?
On a University-Owned computer:
- Click on "CedarNet" on your desktop
- Click on "Requisitions"
- Fill in the boxes (Always select "AP check")
- Obtain your advisor's signature for approval
- Staple the form to the respective invoice(s) or receipt(s) and mail it to Account Payable via campus mail
How can I request a table in the Lower SSC?
Submit a Table Request form on CSI. Please submit table requests at least two weeks prior to the intended date.
When can my Org sell in the Lower SSC?
Orgs can sell in the Lower SSC between 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. on Monday - Friday. There is a limit to the number of orgs allowed to sell. Sales are first-come, first-served. To sell in the lower SSC, submit a Table Request form on CSI.
Where do I get a cash box for Org sales?
All cash sales must be done through the Cashier’s Office (SSC 130). The Cashier’s Office will supply your Org with the cash box as well as your starting cash. When you’re done selling for the day, return your cash box to the Cashier’s Office (SSC 130). You can pick it up the next day no earlier than 10:45AM. Orgs may not keep the cash box overnight. Orgs may not store cash boxes at the Info Desk or the Campus Experience office.
Can our Org use SLP's Square system while selling?
No. Org sales are cash only. Cash boxes can be requested from the Cashiers Office.
Where can my Org store the items we are selling?
Orgs may not store sales items or promotional items in Campus Experience storage space or offices. Most Orgs store their items in dorm rooms during a sales week.
Where does my Org get our table from? Do we need to put our tables away at the end of the day?
Someone in the SGA or Campus Experience office will help you get your table. Once you’re done for the day, please return your table to the SLP closet (154A) with the help of any member of SGA.
Cedarville Student Involvement
What is Cedarville Student Involvement?
CSI is the online program students use to get involved on campus. Through CSI, students can browse upcoming events, view their past attendance, and explore Student Organizations (Orgs).
How do I claim my personal account?
Just log in with your Cedarville credentials!
How do I search for upcoming events?
- Visit https://cedarville.presence.io/
- Click "Events" on the top navigation bar
- Here, you can filter by date, Org, or type of Org (Academic, Social etc.)
How do I browse Orgs?
- Visit https://cedarville.presence.io/
- Click "Organizations" on the top navigation bar
- Here, you can either:
- Use the search bar to look for a specific Org
- Click "Categories" and search for Orgs by their type
How do I get the Cedarville Student Involvement (CSI) App?
How do I submit an event request?
Only Organization (Org) Administrators can create events on Cedarville Student Involvement (CSI) unless otherwise delegated
- All event requests are directed to the Student Life Programs Office
- Event requests for meetings or smaller events will be reviewed and most likely approved within one business day.
- Event requests for larger events might take longer as Student Life Programs (SLP) must ensure there are no other events scheduled for that day
- To request an event, simply follow these steps:
- Click “Create” on the left side of the Administrator (Admin) page. Then click “Event”.
- Enter the name of the event
- Select the Organization (Org) the event is for
- This step is really only relevant for people who are Administrators for more than one Organization
- Write a description for the event
- The description should describe what will be done at the event or the purpose of the event
- Enter the time and location for the event
- Please be as specific as possible with the location. Be sure to include the building name as well as the room number
- Enter the contact information
- This will be whoever organized the event
- You will have the option to add/create a waiver for the event
- A waiver will not be necessary for most events; however, if you are unsure, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
- Add your budget/costs and attendance goals
- Budget (How much money did you allocate for this event?)
- Cost (How much have you spent/will you spend on this event?)
- Attendance goal (How many people would you like to see come out to this event?)
- Under Event Options, select whether or not your event is a private event
- If the event is for Organization (Org) members only, please select “Private Event”
- If the event is open to campus, leave the “Private Event” box unmarked
- Submit event for approval (blue button at the bottom of the page)
- Events are approved/disapproved based on two factors:
- University Calendar – If there is already a large event or several smaller events going on that night, Student Life Programs (SLP) may ask you to look for another date
- Student Handbook – All events must align with the current Cedarville Student Handbook
How can my Org track attendance at meetings? How do I scan attendees into my Org's event?
CSI generates a pin for every event:
How do I update my Org's roster in CSI?
- Click "Manage" on the navigation bar on the left side of the page
- Select "Organizations"
- Select the Org you want to make changes to
- Click "Roster" on the top navigation bar
- Here you can add new members to your Org
Encourage your Org members to "Join" your Org on CSI!
What information can be kept in an Org Profile?
Organization Profiles should contain the following information
- Regular meeting location / time
Orgs are required to keep an up-to-date profile and roster so that new students can get a true idea of the purpose of the Org and whether they may want to join.
How do I set group meeting locations/times?
Org Officers can set and make changes to Org location and meeting times. Keep in mind you should only publish this information if the space has been requested and approved by Events Services through the Cedarville Room Reservation system.
- From the Administrator Dashboard, select the Org you would like to edit
- Click the red pencil in the top right. This will allow you to make edits to the Org page
- Select "Meeting Location" and "Meeting Time"
How far in advance should my Org request an event on CSI?
We strongly recommend that events be submitted for approval on CSI at least one month ahead of time. Failure to do so could result in the inability to submit other requests in time for your event.
How should my Org promote our events?
- Use the Student Organization Promotion Form on CSI to request an announcement in SGA Chapel and on the weekly events email. Keep in mind, request are accepted on a case-by-case basis.
- On CedarInfo: Submit Announcement slides to be displayed in Chapel and/or the SSC .
- Posters must be approved by Campus Experience at the SCC Information Desk, located across from the DeVries Theatre.
Where can my Org print off promotional materials?
Cedarville print Services is the best local resource for printing promotional materials. Print Services is located in SSC 171 across from the Campus Experience Office. Submit a print request by emailing email@example.com.
Can my Org show movies on campus?
Yes. You must request permission from the Campus Experience office. If you have any questions, or would like to pursue this option, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or come to the SGA office located in the Lower SSC 154.
How does my Org reserve tables and chairs?
Tables and chairs can be requested through a Maintenance Work Order on CedarInfo. Please submit requests at least one week prior to the event.
Do all Org events need to be on campus?
No. However, whether on campus or off-campus, you are required submit an event request on Cedarville Student Involvement and you must follow the Cedarville Student Handbook.
Where can my Org get help with tech needs?
AV Requests are located in CedarInfo. Submit one of these forms if you have AV needs at least one week prior to your Org's event.