Intramural Co-Rec Volleyball
- Registration Dates: September 16-22
- Play Begins:October 1
- Format: All teams will play 3-6 round robin matches first with the top teams entering a combined single elimination tournament to determine the overall champion.
- Number of players per team: Minimum - 8, Maximum - 12, During Play - 6
- Limitation of two ex-varstiy or JV volleyball players on any intramural vb team. * See details below.
- Officials: Game officials will NOT be provided during the regular season. Teams will call their own games. Officials will be provided during the last few rounds.
- Divisions: A (Higher skilled) & B (Average skilled)
Scheduling: When signing up a team, please indicate your teams top three playing days and times as well as your team’s conflicts. The earlier you sign up, the better your chances will be to play at your most preferred day/time.
|Division.....||Playing Days.....||Playing Times.....||Max # of Teams.....|
|A1||Mondays||7:45 & 8:45 p.m.||5|
|A3||Tuesdays||7:45 & 8:45 p.m.||5|
|B1||Mondays||7:45 & 8:45 p.m.||5|
||7:45 & 8:45 p.m.
|B6||Thursdays|| 9:45 p.m.
Policy on varsity and JV restrictions:
- A student who is a member of any intercollegiate varsity athletic team, or who is red-shirting for a varsity team, or who at one time during the school year was a member of a varsity team and has been declared academically ineligible, or is working out (practicing) with a varsity team and continues to do so past that teams first regular season game (including transfer students), is not eligible to participate in the same, or similar intramural sport during the academic year in which they are so listed. So, students who were associated with the varsity volleyball team this fall are ineligible to participate in intramural volleyball during the spring season.
- A student who is (or was) a member of the junior varsity (JV) intercollegiate volleyball team, or who at one time during the school year was a member of the JV team and has been declared academically ineligible, or was working out (practicing) with the JV team and continued to do so past the teams first regular season match (including transfer students), is not eligible to participate in the same, or similar intramural sport during the semester in which they are so listed. Once a player finishes his JV season in the fall (i.e. basketball, volleyball, soccer) and does not move up to the varsity squad, he/she may participate in the same or similar intramural sport the following semester (spring). So, those students who participated on the JV volleyball team in the fall are eligible to participate in intramural volleyball during the spring semester.
- Former intercollegiate varsity athletes may participate the year following their intercollegiate involvement. Former intercollegiate JV athletes may participate the semester following their intercollegiate JV involvement. Any one intramural team is limited to the following number of former varsity and JV players:
- Volleyball - no more than 2 ex Varsity * or JV players on an intramural team.
- These guidelines for varsity and JV players will be in effect for four year after their athletic involvement.
- Individuals who have competed professionally in a particular sport will be ineligible for four (4) years from the date of their last professional participation in that sport.
* Players who were considered "starters" and started at least half of the games on a varsity team will count as two ex players.