Federal Nursing Loan
Federal Nursing Loans are awarded to nursing majors enrolled at least half-time who demonstrate financial need. The Nursing Loan is interest-free while the student is enrolled at least half-time. Interest does not start to accrue until after the grace period (9 months). The standard Nursing Loan amount is $3,300 for freshman and sophomores and $5,200 for juniors and seniors. The interest rate is currently fixed at 5%.
1. Complete the FAFSA
2. Records Your eAward Decision
Log in to selfservice.cedarville.edu and select ‘Review and accept your Financial Aid Award Package’ to either ‘Accept’ or ‘Reject’ your loans.
3. Student Completes Paperwork with UAS and SignMyLoan
After you accept the Nursing Loan, you will:
- Receive an email from SignMyLoan directing you to their website to complete required nursing loan documents. These include:
- Nursing Loan Entrance Counseling
- Nursing Loan Master Promissory Note
- Nursing Loan Disclosure
- Other loan related documents that may be required
- Access to the SignMyLoan website will be available beginning in July for the upcoming academic year.
NOTE: Cedarville partners with University Accounting Services, Inc. (UAS), to process the Nursing Loan Program. The 'SignMyLoan' webpage is a legitimate website and should be used to fulfill the required steps to obtain your Nursing Loan.