Female student takes notes on laptop in class

Change of Major/Advisor

  1. Schedules
  2. Registration
  3. Services
  4. Faculty Information
  5. Contact Us
  6. CedarInfo
  7. New Student FAQ
  8. Veteran's Benefits
  9. Graduation
  10. Transient Study
  11. Test Information
  12. Statistics
  13. FERPA
  14. Current Catalog
  15. Previous Catalogs
  16. Registrar - Graduate and Adult Programs

Many students have not chosen a major field of study at the time they enroll. Other students change their major at some time during their collegiate studies. Students may change their majors at any time during the academic year. Academic advisors are available to assist students in these times of decision-making. Students wishing to move from one major to another must follow these guidelines:

  • Go to the Office of the Registrar (SSC 132) and pick up a 'Change of Major/Advisor' Form.
  • Fill in your Student ID #, name, and date.
  • Previous Major Box: Complete this box pertaining to the major / advisor you are dropping (Previous Major). You also need to obtain the signature of the department chairperson of the major you are dropping.
  • New Major / Concentration Box: Fill in the box pertaining to your new major / concentration. You also need to visit the office of the department chairperson of your new major. He / she will assign you to a new advisor and will also sign the 'Change of Major / Advisor' form.
  • Second Major / Concentration Box: Fill in this box if it is applicable to you. You will also need the signature of the department chairperson as well.
  • Complete the remainder of the form as necessary: Minor(s) / Anticipated Graduation Date / Other Information.
  • Return the completed form in person to the Office of the Registrar. Your presence is needed in the office to complete this change process.