Jonathan Burson, Ph.D.Assistant Professor of Finance
Dr. Burson joined the faculty at Cedarville University in 2021. Prior to Cedarville, Dr. Burson spent the next 15 years on active duty as a vocational missionary to reach the men and women of the United States Air Force for Christ. While in the Air Force, he had assignments in intercontinental ballistic missiles, space operations, test and evaluation, and research and training. After retiring from the Air Force, Dr. Burson spent five years in Auburn University's doctoral finance program. He has published research in the Journal of Financial Economic Policy and The Journal of Impact and ESG Investing. His current research interests include behavioral finance, investments, real estate, and technical analysis.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Business (Finance), Auburn University
- Master's in Military Operational Art & Science, Air University
- M.B.A. in International Business, Touro University International
- B.A. in Computer Information Systems, Cedarville University
- Institutional Ownership of Dual-Class Companies (Jonathan Burson and Marlin Jensen) Journal of Financial Economic Policy (2021)
- Sustainable Company Resilience: Alpha and Beta in Up and Down Markets (Jonathan Burson, Casey Banta-Ryan, and Steve Swidler) The Journal of Impact and ESG Investing (2022)
Dr. Burson is an expert in technical analysis.
- My wife and 14 children
- Teaching my children to drive
- Mentoring/discipling the next generation of believers
Not only is it good to come back to my roots, but I'm excited to surrounded by professionals who love Jesus and want to see His kingdom advance as they train and disciple the next generation of business leaders.