Defending Life Summer Institute
ADVOCACY AND KINGDOM IMPACT
This program is uniquely designed to equip current and future pro-life leaders to advocate for the life of the unborn. Although Roe v. Wade has been overturned, the challenges on the state and local levels remain, so the gravity of this need has never been greater! We need to be training and equipping leaders who will advocate for life with conviction and Christ-like compassion. This summer's Institute will offer a very practical and engaging session:
- Theological Foundations of Human Life: class taught by John Ensor
- Undergraduate credit (3 credit–hours): $999
- Continuing education (non-credit): $599
- Dual Enrollment (3 credit–hours): $555
- The course starts May 8. 2023 and ends July 21, 2023.
- A one week, on–campus intensive is from June 12–16. (Virtual attendance for this week is only available to continuing education students.)
This course may be taken for undergraduate credit (admission to Cedarville University required) or as a continuing education non-credit course. High school students enrolled in the dual enrollment program are welcome.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with a passion for life and a desire to advocate for the life of the unborn in our nation should consider attending the Defending Life Summer Institute!
- High school students
- Current undergraduate students pursuing careers in social work, advocacy, strategic communication, etc.
- Leaders and staff in the pro-life field
- Pastors and church leaders seeking to engage their church family on these issues
How Do I Register?
Follow the directions below to register for this course. Please understand that, once registered and the course begins, you will not be able to switch between the credit and non-credit options. If you change your mind after you have registered but before the course begins (May 9), please contact your advisor or Jason Frieling, Coordinator of Continuing Education at (937) 766-7915.
- Earn Cedarville University Transcript Credit
- Current Cedarville University students need to select these courses using the Student Planner Tool. Be sure to work with your advisor for approval.
- Current high school students enrolled in the CU dual enrollment program need to contact their dual enrollment advisor for registration. High school students new to CU dual enrollment can apply to be enrolled here.
- If you'd like to become a Cedarville student and start earning university credit through these courses, apply here.
- Continuing Education (Non-Credit)
- Participants not desiring university credit can register immediately through CU Enrich.
- Housing and Meals
- Double occupancy residence hall room (age 25 or under) plus meals – $305 per week.
- Students over age 25 are directed to local accommodations. Meals can be purchased on campus as needed.
2023 Daily Schedule
Participants may arrive on Sunday, June 11, after 3 p.m.
- First meal will be dinner on June 11.
- Check-out by 11 a.m. on June 17.
Classes are from 9 a.m.–4 p.m. Monday–Friday
Please contact Jason Frieling with questions about the institute.
Defending Life Summer Institute
Meet the Speakers
John Ensor is the president of PassionLife, an international nonprofit working as a global missions partner to missionaries and indigenous Christian leaders to teach them how to make the case for life in a secular culture. An ordained Evangelical pastor, John has led in the pro-life movement for over 30 years as a speaker, author, mentor, and co-laborer. John is a graduate of Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary and is the author or co-author of many books including The Great Work of the Gospel: How We Experience God’s Grace.
Dr. Marc Newman
Dr. Marc Newman is president of Speaker for Life, which galvanizes Christian leaders into advocates and champions for the unborn. Marc's trained thousands of speakers nationwide in communication skills and apologetics. Energetic and compelling on the platform, Marc keynotes banquets each year raising millions of dollars for pregnancy resource centers. He is the author of Contenders: A Church-Wide Strategy to Unmask Abortion, Defeat Its Advocates, Empower Christians, and Change the World.
Scott Klusendorf is the president of Life Training Institute, where he trains pro-life advocates to persuasively defend their views. A passionate and engaging platform speaker, Scott's pro-life presentations have been featured by Focus on the Family, Truths That Transform, and American Family Radio. Scott is a graduate of UCLA and the author of Pro-Life 101 and The Case for Life, and invited Chapel speaker.