McKenzie Grinalds, PharmD, BCPSAssistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice
As a clinical faculty member, Dr. McKenzie Shenk teaches at Cedarville University and works as a clinical pharmacy specialist at Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton, OH. She specializes in neurology. At Cedarville, she teaches across the pharmacy graduate curriculum in areas of cardiology and neurology, among others. Additoinally, she completed the Mentored Research Investigator Training (MeRIT) Program through the American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP) to grow as a researcher. Her research interests include epilepsy and antiseizure medications and secondary stroke prevention. She has served on the ACCP Central Nervous System Practice and Research Network (CNS PRN) as the chair-elect and chair from 2020-2022 and the Recognition and Nominations committee chair from 2022-2023.
Education and Credentials
- PharmD, Cedarville University School of Pharmacy
- PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency, Eskenazi Health
- PGY2 Internal Medicine Pharmacy Residency, Eskenazi Health
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist, Board of Pharmacy Specialties
- Well-being Content Inclusion in Pharmacy Education Across the United States and Canada. (E. Buckley, Guanseelan, McKenzie S. Grinalds, et al.) American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education (2023).
- Scoping review of rational polytherapy in patients with drug-resistant epilepsy (McKenzie. S. Grinalds, C Yoder, Z Krauss, A. M. Chen, D. H. Rhoney) Pharmacotherapy (2023).
- Interrater reliability and ease of use of the High-Alert Medication Stratification Tool‒Revised Prospective (HAMST-R PRO): A prospective, multisite study. (McKenzie S. Grinalds, N. C. Washburn, J. W. Daniel, T. A. Walroth) American Journal of Health System Pharmacy (2022).
- High-Alert Medication Stratification Tool-Revised Phase II: A Multisite Study Examining the Validity, Interrater Reliability, and Ease of Use of the High-Alert Medication Stratification Tool-Revised (McKenzie R. Shenk, N. C. Washburn, S. S. Stephens, et al.) Journal of Patient Safety (2021).
Certain neurologic conditions, such as epilepsy and multiple sclerosis
- Spending time with family, cooking, cycling with my husband on our tandem bike, weight lifting, and reading
I am excited to return to Cedarville to invest in God's Kingdom by equipping students to serve as compassionate, innovative pharmacists. I desire to support student as they pursue God's call in their lives in the profession of pharmacy with excellence, compassion, and collaboration.