Last updated: August 27, 2020
Chapel is the heartbeat of Cedarville University. We continue to hold daily chapel, but the format has changed for fall semester.
What You Can Expect:
- The Jeremiah Chapel requires physical distancing, with capacity limited to 500 students at the beginning of the semester. Masks are required in the chapel.
- Students may watch chapel from their residence halls or their 9 or 11 a.m. classrooms in watch parties.
- One day per week, we are hosting worship chapels outside to allow us to worship the Lord through music together.
- We are hearing from more internal speakers to maximize our flexibility in choosing the best days for scheduling outdoor worship times.
- Chapel programming continues to feature expository preaching, personal testimonies, and topical content that addresses the complex issues our community and nation are facing from a biblical perspective.
- The daily attendance requirement is being maintained on an honor system.
- Additional excused absences will be allowed as an added precaution during the pandemic.
Cedarville values daily chapel and believes that the preaching of the Word changes the lives of our Cedarville community. We place a priority on excellent preaching of the Word and expect every student to take advantage of these opportunities.