Active Cases - Residential Graduate and Undergraduate Students
(Student has a lab-confirmed positive test.)
Total Active Confirmed Cases: -
-% of Undergraduate and Graduate Students Enrolled in a Campus-Based Program (- / -)
The best indicator of containment of COVID-19 on Cedarville's campus is the count of undergraduate or graduate students who are enrolled in a residential program of study and are currently in isolation due to a lab-confirmed positive test. This COVID-19 reporting dashboard is updated daily.
As we prioritize the care and protection of our campus community, Cedarville University has implemented a proactive COVID-19 response strategy:
- Testing of a) all symptomatic students, b) athletes pursuant to NCAA requirements, and c) asymptomatic students to facilitate earlier release from quarantine with a negative test, following CDC guidelines.
- Immediate contact tracing to identify individuals who may have been exposed to infection.
- Quarantine for any students who have been exposed to an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Isolation for any student who has exhibited symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or who has a lab-confirmed test result.
Quarantine numbers fluctuate daily as students are notified of exposure and released following a negative COVID test on Day 7 of their quarantine. On average, we are finding that approximately five (5) students are asked to quarantine for every one (1) student who has a lab-confirmed positive test.
Although faculty and staff are required to follow Caring Well. Staying Well. protocols related to testing, self-quarantine, and isolation, they are not mandated to report this HIPAA-protected health information to the University as their employer.
Updates to this page
- Jan. 15, 2021 - Total residential student number updated with preliminary spring 2021 count
- Jan. 14, 2021 - Updated quarantine information
- Sep. 8, 2020 - Total residential student number updated as of the fall 2020 official enrollment census