Dining on Campus
Last updated: July 22, 2020
The University’s food service partner, Pioneer College Caterers, has prepared for a healthy reopening using Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and standards set forth by the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
What You Can Expect:
- To open the academic year, all Pioneer dining facilities (dining hall, Stinger’s, Chick-fil-A, Tossed) will operate at reduced capacity.
- The Events Rooms in the Stevens Student Center will be open for additional seating for all meals to allow and encourage appropriate distancing.
- The President’s Dining Room will be available as a take-out seating option for faculty and staff. • Students and guests will be required to wear a mask while in line, since distancing will be difficult.
- There will be no self-serve.
- Grab & Go stations will be located in the Center for Biblical and Theological Studies and the Callan Athletic Center.
- This year, students will also be able to take food “to go” from the dining hall.
- Acrylic shields will be placed at the cashier stand and food stations.
- A variety of general and instructional signage will be placed at appropriate places for both employees and patrons.
- All employees will be screened when reporting to work; anyone physically symptomatic cannot return to work unless cleared by a medical provider.
- All dining facilities will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized, especially after closing. During meal periods, common areas will be routinely wiped down with sanitizing solution.
- Employees will thoroughly wash hands or use hand sanitizer and use proper respiratory etiquette.
- Employees will use gloves and face masks.