Dining on Campus
Last updated: August 27, 2020
The University’s food service partner, Pioneer College Caterers is following Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and standards set forth by the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) and the Food and Drug Administration
What You Can Expect:
- All Pioneer dining facilities (dining hall, Stinger’s, Chick-fil-A, Tossed) are operating at reduced capacity.
- The Events Rooms in the Stevens Student Center are open for additional seating for all meals to allow and encourage appropriate distancing.
- The President’s Dining Room is available as a take-out seating option for faculty and staff.
- Students and guests are required to wear a mask while in line, since distancing will be difficult.
- There is no self-service.
- Grab+Go stations are located in the Center for Biblical and Theological Studies, Callan Athletic Center, and Stevens Student Center Event Rooms.
- This year, students are also able to take food “to go” from the dining hall.
- Acrylic shields have been placed at the cashier stand and food stations.
- A variety of general and instructional signage has been placed at appropriate places for both employees and patrons.
- All employees are screened when reporting to work; anyone physically symptomatic cannot return to work unless cleared by a medical provider.
- All dining facilities are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized, especially after closing. During meal periods, common areas are routinely wiped down with sanitizing solution.
- Employees thoroughly wash hands or use hand sanitizer and use proper respiratory etiquette.
- Employees wear gloves and face mask.
Improvements to Dining:
You spoke, and we listened! We appreciate the students' patience as they waited through some longer-than-any-of-us-would-like food lines the first few days of the semester. Unfortunately, COVID-19 regulations, such as eliminating self-service, have heavily contributed to longer wait times. In an effort to help alleviate the large crowds and make dining a more enjoyable, and safer, experience for everyone, we have made the following changes to dining on campus:
- Added a Grab+Go station in the SSC Event Rooms, open Monday-Friday, 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Updated Crowd Checker to monitor crowds at Tossed and Chick-fil-A separately.
- Created two serving lines in Tossed, an express line for pizza and another for salads.
- Opened another "home cooking" food station in the dining hall.
- Added an additional fountain drink station for Chick-fil-A/Tossed.
- Opened additional serving lines in the dining room and a Grab+Go station in the SSC Event Rooms on Sunday.
When you're ready to eat, use the Crowd Checker to get quick information on how busy the Cedarville dining areas are. You'll avoid the lines and save time. Staying away from crowds is another important way we can care well and stay well this year! Bookmark the Crowd Checker page, then bon appétit!
Aug. 27, 2020 - Added dining improvements
Aug. 27, 2020 - Added Crowd Checker information