What to Do if You Are Sick
Last updated: July 22, 2020
Here are steps to take if you are feeling ill.
1. Assess health to confirm COVID-19 symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
* This list from the CDC does not include all possible symptoms. Personal responsibility should be taken when determining whether to seek medical attention.
2. If you are not feeling well, do not attend class or come to work. Isolate yourself from others immediately.
3. Residential Students: Notify your Resident Director (RD) right away.
4. Students: Call University Medical Services (UMS) at 937-766-7863 to schedule an appointment. Employees: contact your medical provider.
IMPORTANT: For your safety and the safety of others, you must call before going to UMS.