2016–17 Freshmen Scholarships and Grants
Academic and Achievement Scholarships
(see notes below)
|Academic Awards||Cedarville Need-
|31+ ACT / 1360+ SAT*
and 3.75 HS GPA
Student identified as a National Merit
or National Achievement finalist/semifinalist
|President's Scholar Award
Through generous gifts from our donors along with budgeted institutional funds, the University offers need-based aid to help cover students' unmet financial need. Completion of the FAFSA is required, and awards are calculated annually.
more details »
|27+ ACT / 1210+ SAT*
and 3.5 HS GPA
|Chancellor's Scholar Award
|25+ ACT / 1130+ SAT*
and 3.2 HS GPA
|Dean's Scholar Award
|22+ ACT / 1020+ SAT*
and 3.0 HS GPA
|Faculty Scholar Award
|All other students||Not eligible|
* SAT Test Scores: - The eligibility requirements for 2016-17 Academic Scholarships are based on SAT tests taken prior to March 2016.Financial aid terms and conditions »
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
Athletic Scholarships are awarded to top-performing athletes on an individual basis by the coaches.
One Campus Leadership Scholarship. The One Campus Leadership Scholarship is awarded to students seeking to enhance the Cedarville community through their personal experience and appreciation for ethnic and cultural diversity. In addition to the scholarship award, students will join a select group of aspiring leaders on campus for encouragement and training, leading to priority consideration for leadership opportunities. An application is required.
Presidential Leadership Award. Celebrating Cedarville's strong support for the local church and those who invest their lives in full-time ministry, this scholarship is awarded to selected students whose parent is in full-time ministry and who demonstrate excellent Christian character and leadership abilities. An application is required.
Foster Care Scholarship. This generous scholarship is awarded to one new student each year who has grown up in the foster care system and is now seeking to enroll at Cedarville. An application is required.
GO TELL Scholarship. Cedarville University and GO TELL Ministries are offering two scholarships, for returning students, that total $5,000 each. For additional information, please contact Becca Aldrich at 770-622-5600, ext. 20.
Rev. James D. Parker Sr. Young Leader Award. Cedarville's Office for Intercultural Leadership and the Fundamental Baptist Fellowship Association (FBFA) are offering one, full-tuition scholarship.
Dr. S. L. Sherrill Honorary Scholarship. Five $2,000 scholarships will be offered to students from North Raleigh Christian Academy.
Donor-Funded Scholarships. Donor-funded scholarships allow donors to meet individual student needs through annually funded or endowed named scholarships. Donors are able to determine criteria and preferences for their named scholarships.
Donor-funded scholarships may underwrite the funding of a student's existing academic or need-based aid or, depending on the wishes of the donors, may be awarded in addition to other institutional aid.
- To be considered for most donor-funded scholarships, candidates must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and/or specific scholarship application as required.
- If a donor-funded scholarship does not require an application, all accepted and enrolled Cedarville University students who meet the scholarship criteria will be considered.
- The Executive Director of Financial Aid and/or a scholarship committee of Cedarville University faculty and staff select recipients.
- Unless noted as a one-time award, donor-funded scholarships may be renewed for subsequent years if the recipients continue to meet the criteria (however, renewal is not guaranteed)
Tuition Remission Scholarships: Cedarville University offers two Tuition Remission programs for full-time faculty, staff, and administrators of both Cedarville University and other Christian universities.
Transfer Student Aid is awarded to transfer students based on various awarding criteria.