Archive for the Academics Category
February 11, 2014
From the sunny countryside of Valencia, Spain, Dr. Andrew Wiseman shares about the Study Abroad opportunities that your student can have through Cedarville University! Your student could spend a summer, semester, or a year on approved domestic and international programs, including our most popular sites in Valencia, Spain, and Washington D.C.
Explore how studying off-campus can enrich your student's college experience through strengthening specific skills, enlarging intercultural abilities and relationships, preparing for life in the global community, and deepening Christian commitment. Continue exploring Wiseman's article and discover how these opportunities can become a reality for your student!
January 28, 2014
Too often the liberal arts get a bad rap!
But, today's Parent Prep post highlights a new report by Allie Grasgreen, entitled "Liberal Arts Grads Win Long-Term," that explores the personal benefits and career advantages that can be found in pursuing a liberal arts degree.
Don't miss today's interesting perspectives on the value of a liberal arts education ... and the "value-add" that Cedarville provides!
January 14, 2014
We all know people who started their four-year college journey….six years ago. Whether students are struggling to pass classes, basking in the learning experience, or simply switching their major too many times, their college education can quickly acquire an even larger price tag when eight semesters turns into twelve.
One of the best ways a university can save you money is to help your student graduate on time. Consider the additional costs if students take five or more years to finish. Consider the cost if they never complete their educational goals!
Today's post addresses the topic of graduation rates, which are rarely associated with college costs but have a huge impact on the total bill!
Why Christ Centered Higher Education?
December 20, 2013
Christmas break is a great time for students to sleep in, spend time with friends, and, most importantly, celebrate Christ's birth. But it's also a good opportunity to take care of important college-related details. Encourage your student to get a jump start on 2014 and move that much closer to their Cedarville
- Decision made? Submit the $250 reservation deposit during break! (Is your student's application incomplete? Check online for missing pieces, then request references or documents to be sent right away in the New Year.)
- Check out the FAFSA website. Required for all need-based aid, the FAFSA application for the 2014-15 school year will be available January 1. Apply early for maximum grants and scholarships.
- Register for our FREE "How to Complete the FAFSA" webinar, offered Monday, January 13 at 8 p.m. EST.
- Plan a campus visit. It's the best way to see if Cedarville University is the place for your student!
- Talk to a Cedarville student or alum who lives in your area. Need a referral? Send us an e-mail and we'll help connect you.
- Learn more about the major your student is considering. We have over 100 programs of study from which to choose.
- Join the CU fan club on Facebook! See who else is connected.
- Plan a prayer time with friends. College is a big decision. Ask God to give you wisdom, provide for your needs, and make His direction clear!
- Above all, celebrate our Savior's birth! HE is the reason Cedarville exists and the focus of everything we seek to accomplish in the lives of students!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10