Student Life Category Archives
May 14, 2020
Is your admitted student ready to choose a Cedarville residence hall and select a roommate? We’ve made it easy!
Your student’s personalized My.Cedarville.edu portal has all the resources he or she will need to easily transition from home to a residence hall room on campus. Your student can visit My.Cedarville.edu today to:
- Get to know future classmates through the Cedarville incoming fall 2020 class Facebook group.
- Find a roommate with RoomSync, a roommate-matching software that compares your student's likes and dislikes with other new students.
- Complete the Request Housing task. Before making a decision, visit our residence hall page to get to know all of the dorm options. You can learn about community life in each dorm, view floor plans, and watch a video with a Cedarville student as your guide. You'll also find a timeline for when your student will be granted access to the housing selection system. Keep in mind that students’ access is based on when they made their reservation deposit.
If you have any questions about the housing selection process, contact us at 1-800-CEDARVILLE. Your student’s admissions counselor will be happy to help!
Posted in Admissions Student Life
May 6, 2020
Your to-do list to prepare for your student's college experience is probably getting long. One easy — and fun — thing you can start doing is preparing for his or her residence hall room!
Call your admissions counselor at 1-800-CEDARVILLE (233-2784) if you have any questions about Getting Started activities in August. There is much anticipation as we prepare for the fall, and our team is here to help! We will keep you informed through the summer.
P.S. Reminder to parents of admitted students, the deadline to submit the reservation deposit is now June 1.
Posted in Admissions Student Life
March 24, 2020
Cedarville University is privileged to care for the spiritual growth of some of the best university-aged students on our planet. We take this charge very seriously.
One of the elements in the spiritual growth dynamic here at Cedarville is seeing to it, as best we are able, that each student connects with a local church. The years of their academic training could leave them separated from any type of effective fellowship with the body of Christ, except for what takes place within the boundaries of our campus. Chapel is exciting and distinctive to a Cedarville education, but it does not take the place of the local church.
We are blessed to have many great churches in the greater Miami Valley region. Here are some of our students' favorites:
- Apex Community Church, Dayton
- Calvary Baptist Church, Xenia
- Cornerstone Bible Church, Xenia
- Dayton Avenue Baptist Church, Xenia
- Emmanuel Baptist Church, Xenia
- Fairhaven Church, Dayton
- Grace Baptist Church, Cedarville
- Northside Baptist Church, Springfield
- Shawnee Hills Baptist Church, Jamestown
- Southgate Baptist Church, Springfield
We are blessed with many more churches as well. We will continue to impress the importance of the local church upon our students, with the goal of seeing them grow spiritually while they attend Cedarville and then watching them naturally step right into a solid local church wherever they land in the years ahead. To God be the glory!
P.S. Cedarville University announced on Friday, March 20, that we will continue with online delivery through the end of the spring term. We encourage you to track with Cedarville's COVID-19 related updates. Not only will you be able to access resources and information, but also we think you will gain additional perspective about the heart of this place and the outstanding, Spirit-empowered leadership of our president, Thomas White.
Posted in Spiritual Growth Student Life
February 11, 2020
Choosing a major, figuring out a financial plan, and researching the spiritual climate are all important steps in choosing a Christian college. However, there is another vital piece that your student must consider — dorm life!
As you and your student are looking at different colleges, you’ll quickly discover that not all dorm life is created equal. In today's post, we offer 5 questions that you should ask about dorm life at each of the colleges that your student may be considering. And, you'll discover what makes Cedarville's residence life truly unique!Read More »
Posted in Spiritual Growth Student Life Why Christ Centered Higher Education?