May 8, 2019
This past weekend, Cedarville University celebrated the graduation of 815 new alumni, including those earning both undergraduate and graduate degrees.
More than just a number, these 815 students represent lives that were transformed by their time at Cedarville. Students who grew closer in their walk with the Lord from intentional mentoring, daily chapels, and biblical integration in their coursework. Students who were challenged by rigorous academics and prepared to succeed in their chosen field. Students who were in the same place as your student just four years ago, and are now ready to go out into the world and make a difference for Christ.
Be encouraged that your student, too, will experience amazing transformation at Cedarville, and you’ll be surprised at how fast the next four years will go! We will be praying for you and your student as you prepare for the transition to college life.
Read more about this year's Commencement celebration and enjoy highlights in the video below.
Posted in Academics Spiritual Growth Why Christ Centered Higher Education?
May 3, 2019
Is your admitted student ready to choose a Cedarville residence hall and select a roommate? We’ve made it easy!
Your student’s personalized My.Cedarville.edu portal has all the resources he or she will need to easily transition from home to a residence hall room on campus. Your student can visit My.Cedarville.edu today to:
- Get to know future classmates through the Cedarville incoming fall 2019 class Facebook group.
- Find a roommate with RoomSync, a roommate-matching software that compares your student's likes and dislikes with other new students.
- Complete the Request Housing task. Before making a decision, visit our residence hall page to get to know all of the dorm options. You can learn about community life in each dorm, view floor plans, and watch a video with a Cedarville student as your guide. You'll also find a timeline for when your student will be granted access to the housing selection system. Keep in mind that students’ access is based on when they made their reservation deposit.
If you have any questions about the housing selection process, contact us at 1-800-CEDARVILLE. Your student’s admissions counselor will be happy to help!
Posted in Admissions Student Life
May 1, 2019
Today is May 1 — the National College Decision Day! We are so thankful for the number of students who have already confirmed their plans to be at Cedarville in August. Here are the top reasons students and parents give for their choice:
- Biblical worldview. It's not just a buzzword here; it's intentionally part of every aspect of classes, residence life, activities, and ministries.
- Academic reputation. We have the in-demand majors students want, and our grads are excelling at places like Harvard, Honda, and Procter & Gamble (just to name a few). Cedarville doesn't just "talk" about quality. It is validated by national surveys, college rankings, job and graduate school placement data, competition results, and test scores.
- Outstanding value. The rigorous academic experience is life-changing, costs and scholarships are competitive, and Cedarville is worth the investment.
If this is what you desire for your student, I encourage you to take that next step by faith and submit a reservation deposit today. I do not believe you will ever regret that decision.
If your student has already paid the deposit and is excited to enroll this fall, thank you! We are privileged to come alongside parents like you to equip young men and women for professional excellence and Gospel impact. We're excited to welcome your family to the Cedarville family in August!
Still finalizing this decision, you may reach me personally today. It would be a privilege to serve you.
Scott Van Loo, Ph.D.
Vice President for Enrollment Management
P.S. To ensure your student's place in the fall class, submit the $250 deposit today! Deposits for this fall’s class are at an all-time high, which could result in a waitlist for deposits received after May 1.
Posted in Academics Admissions Why Christ Centered Higher Education?
April 25, 2019
It is hard to believe, but May 1 is upon us! The reservation deposit is due on Wednesday.
If your student has been admitted to Cedarville but has not yet submitted the reservation deposit, now is the time to take that next step by faith.
Is your student ready to affirm their college choice and start what will be an amazing academic journey? Plan to submit the deposit this weekend to ensure your student's place at Cedarville in the fall. Note that deposits may be paid after May 1, but if the class is full, a place cannot be guaranteed.
We hope Cedarville University is your student's choice, but wherever God leads, we wish your family HIS very best!
Posted in Admissions