2023–24 Dr. Deforia Lane Diversity Scholarship
Note: This information is valid for new students entering Cedarville in 2023–24.
The Dr. Deforia Lane Diversity Scholarship is awarded annually to select undergraduate students seeking to enhance the Cedarville Community through their personal experience and appreciation for racial, ethnic and cultural diversity
Admitted students, domestic or international, who have not matriculated to the university may apply for this scholarship if they meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate and represent a commitment to diversity that aligns and supports the university’s "Commitment to Diversity Statement"
- Commitment to advancing diverse organizations, ministries or communities as demonstrated by the application process
- Demonstrated interest or commitment to participating in Cedarville's diversity initiatives
- Plan to enroll at Cedarville as a degree-seeking undergraduate student
To apply for the Dr. Deforia Lane Diversity Scholarship:
Complete the online scholarship application
- As part of the online application, complete the essay (300-750 word maximum) describing your personal background and experience and how you believe your experiences can enrich diversity on Cedarville’s campus.
Complete the FAFSA or the Undergraduate International Student Financial Form (ISFF).
FAFSA Filers (US citizens and eligible non-citizens): Complete and submit the 2023-24 FAFSA by February 1, 2023.
- The 2023-24 FAFSA is available beginning Oct. 1, 2022 and is based on final 2021 tax data.
- ISFF Filers (international students who cannot complete the FAFSA): Complete the 2023-24 ISFF by February 1, 2023.
- FAFSA Filers (US citizens and eligible non-citizens): Complete and submit the 2023-24 FAFSA by February 1, 2023.
Application Deadline & Decision Date:
- Application Deadline: All application documents must be received by February 15, 2023.
- Decision Date: Decisions will be announced beginning early March 2023.
Up to $5,000 per year for selected students
- Full-time enrollment required (minimum 12 credit hours per semester at Cedarville)
- Eligibility expires after eight semesters of attendance
- Limited to fall and spring semesters only
- This award may be combined with other scholarships and grants
Yes, this award is renewable as long as the student maintains Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and remains in good standing with the University. "Good standing" shall be determined as follows:
In support of Cedarville University's commitment to the individual and communal benefits of the Cedarville community covenant, an annual review of student conduct will be required for scholarship renewal. Any student who, in the sole discretion of the Student Life Deans on a case-by-case basis, has demonstrated a pattern of conduct that indicates disregard for University policies will not be considered eligible for scholarship renewal.
If a student believes his/her status of scholarship eligibility was determined in error or inappropriately, the student has the option to appeal. The student should submit a letter of appeal that details the factors that should be considered in his/her scholarship standing with the University, as well as his/her plans to address the concerns which led to the standing. Submit the appeal to the Director for Student Development within 14 days of notice of non-renewal. The appeal will be reviewed and the student will receive a response within two weeks of a complete submission of the appeal.