2021–22 Dr. S. L. Sherrill Honorary Scholarship
Note: This information is valid for new students entering Cedarville in 2021–22.
To be considered for this scholarship, the student must:
- be a graduate of North Raleigh Christian Academy; and
- meet all admissions requirements as an accepted new freshman or transfer student who plans to begin his/her enrollment in the fall semester as a new, first-time undergraduate student at Cedarville University
No application is required.
Five $2,000 scholarships will be offered to students from North Raleigh Christian Academy. Students will be awarded in the order in which they were accepted to the University, until all five scholarships have been awarded.
- Full-time enrollment (minimum 12 credit hours per semester at Cedarville)
- Limited to eight semesters
- Limited to fall and spring semesters only
- This award may be combined with other scholarships and grants
Yes, this award is renewable as long as the student maintains Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and remains in good standing with the University. "Good standing" shall be determined as follows:
In support of Cedarville University's commitment to the individual and communal benefits of the Cedarville community covenant, an annual review of student conduct will be required for scholarship renewal. Any student who, in the sole discretion of the Student Life Deans on a case-by-case basis, has demonstrated a pattern of conduct that indicates disregard for University policies will not be considered eligible for scholarship renewal.
If a student believes his/her status of scholarship eligibility was determined in error or inappropriately, the student has the option to appeal. The student should submit a letter of appeal that details the factors that should be considered in his/her scholarship standing with the University, as well as his/her plans to address the concerns which led to the standing. Submit the appeal to the Director for Student Development within 14 days of notice of non-renewal. The appeal will be reviewed and the student will receive a response within two weeks of a complete submission of the appeal.