2018–19 Foster Care Scholarship
- Cost Information
- Scholarships and Grants
- Federal Aid
- State Aid
- Contact Us
- Financial Aid Home
- Jobs on Campus
- Military Aid
- Veteran Benefits
- Transfer Students
- International Students
- Graduate Students
- Outside Scholarships
- Scholarship Searches
- Payment Options
- Helpful Links
Foster Care Scholarship
Note: This information is valid for new students entering Cedarville in 2018–19.
In 2013, Thomas White, president of Cedarville University, introduced the Foster Care Scholarship as an opportunity for the institution to answer God’s call to care for orphans. Even before the scholarship was announced, God was leading a young woman to take a step of faith and apply to Cedarville. God answered her prayers – and met her need – through the awarding of the first Foster Care Scholarship. It is with humility and joy that Cedarville continues this investment in one young person each year who has grown up in the foster care system and is now seeking an opportunity to pursue an undergraduate education that reflects a biblical worldview.
To be considered for this scholarship, the student must:
- meet all admissions requirements as an accepted new freshman or transfer student who plans to begin his/her enrollment in the fall semester as a new, first-time undergraduate student at Cedarville University
- provide documentation that verifies being in custody of either a foster home or ward of a state
- complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) annually
To apply for the Foster Care Scholarship:
- Complete the online scholarship application
- Complete and submit the FAFSA. Cedarville must receive a valid FAFSA (i.e. a calculated EFC).
- Note: Complete and submit the 2018-19 FAFSA by February 15 (available Oct. 1, 2017 and based on final 2016 tax data) to ensure that Cedarville receives your FAFSA information by the application deadline.
Application Deadline & Decision Date:
- Application Deadline: All application documents must be received by March 15, 2018.
- Decision Date: Decisions will be announced beginning March 31, 2018.
Full Tuition Scholarship
- Full-time enrollment required (minimum 12 credit hours per semester at Cedarville)
- Eligibility expires after eight semesters of attendance
- Limited to fall and spring semesters only
- This award, in combination with other grants and scholarships, covers tuition and mandatory fees
Yes, this award is renewable as long as the student maintains Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and remains in good standing with the University. "Good standing" shall be determined as follows:
In support of Cedarville University's commitment to the individual and communal benefits of the Cedarville community covenant, an annual review of student conduct will be required for scholarship renewal. Any student who, in the sole discretion of the Student Life Deans on a case-by-case basis, has demonstrated a pattern of conduct that indicates disregard for University policies will not be considered eligible for scholarship renewal.
If a student believes his/her status of scholarship eligibility was determined in error or inappropriately, the student has the option to appeal. The student should submit a letter of appeal that details the factors that should be considered in his/her scholarship standing with the University, as well as his/her plans to address the concerns which led to the standing. Submit the appeal to the Director for Student Development within 14 days of notice of non-renewal. The appeal will be reviewed and the student will receive a response within two weeks of a complete submission of the appeal.