Create Flowcharts/Organizational Charts in Office
You can create Flowcharts and Organizational Charts simply by inserting shapes right into the Excel document.
If you would like to create a graph or chart that is separate from the default cells, go to the "Insert" tab > Click [Column] > Click the type of column you would like to insert. Follow these instructions to insert shapes into the white box that now appears on your screen.
- Go to [Insert] > [Shapes] (look under "Flowchart" for flowchart shapes) > Select the desired shape or line.
- Click and drag to place your shape or line where you would like it to go.
- Continue this process for as many shapes as needed.
- Format Shapes: Select the shape > Click the orange [Drawing Tools] tab or [Text Box Tools] tab above the menu bar.
Place text in a shape
- In PowerPoint or Excel: Select the shape and type or right-click the shape and choose "Edit Text."
- In Word: Right-click and choose "Add Text."
- You may also incorporate SmartArt in your flowchart.
Computer Help also offers instructions for creating flowcharts in ABC FlowCharter.
Keywords: flow chart, power point, make, designAtomic Learning Video