Excel: Display Current Date and Time in Spreadsheet
You may find it appropriate to insert the current date and/or time in an Excel file and have it continually update so that these items always display when you open the file.
- Click the "Insert" tab > Click [Header & Footer] in the "Text" group.
- Under the "Design" contextual tab, click [Current Date] or [Current Time] in the "Header & Footer Elements" group.
- Click outside the header or footer to display.
- Select the cell where you wish to place the date.
- Go to "Insert" > "Function."
- Choose "Date & Time" from the "Select a category" dropdown list.
- Under "Select a function," scroll and select "TODAY."
- Click [OK]. A "Function Arguments" dialog box will open; however, no arguments are needed for this function.
- Click [OK].
- Today's date will display.
Keywords: Office 2010, Office 2013, Microsoft Office Suite, excell