Google Apps: Open Google Apps from Windows Desktop
Google does not have a desktop client for any Google App besides Google Drive. So when you want to access your Google Mail, Google Calendar, or another Google App, you have to open Google Chrome and then log in to Google Apps at cedarville.edu/google.
However, to access Google Apps more easily, you can make the CU Google Apps landing page (cedarville.edu/google) your Google Chrome homepage. Then, you can pin Google Chrome to the Windows Taskbar and Windows Start Menu. To go to the CU Google Apps landing page, all you will have to do is open Google Chrome.
To set the CU Google Apps landing page as your Google Chrome homepage, please see the Internet: Set Your Internet Browser Homepage help page.
- Click the Windows Start icon.
- In the start menu, navigate to Google Chrome but do not open it.
- In the start menu, right click Google Chrome. A pop-up menu appears.
- From the pop-up menu, click “Pin to Taskbar.”
- To pin Google Chrome to the Windows Start Menu, repeat steps 1. through 3. In step 4, instead of clicking “Pin to Taskbar,” click “Pin to Start Menu.”
Keywords: launch gmail from desktop, launch gmail like groupwise, gmail desktop client, open gmail