GroupWise: Change the Default Font for Read/Compose
How can I do this in...Google, Outlook
GroupWise 8 includes options for displaying your emails in the fonts you desire. These changes only apply to your computer, not to the computer receiving your email. However, If you compose an email in a different font, the email recipient will see the different font if they view it in HTML. Even in Plain Text, the font will look different than normal. Email the message to yourself to see how it looks in each format.
To automatically view emails in HTML, click Change Default Read View to HTML.
- Click the font button in the upper right-hand corner of the email, or...
- Go to "Edit" > "Font" > "Font...", or...
- Open a new email.
- Right-click in the message portion of the email.
- Go to "Font" > choose "Font..."
- Enter your preference for font style, size, and/or color.
- Click [OK].
- Open GroupWise.
- From the top menu bar, select "Tools."
- Select "Options..."
- Double-click on "Environment."
- Click the "Views" tab.
- If you wish to compose all your emails in HTML, click here for HTML email guidelines. Email recipients will not see your changes unless you choose "HTML" instead of "Plain Text."
- In the bottom left corner of the dialog box, you may change your "Default Compose View and Font."
- Click the [Set Default View] button.
- Click [OK] > [Close].
- You may need to close out of GroupWise and reopen it for the changes to take effect.
- Double-check the new settings by sending an email to yourself. The email recipient will not see the same font that you saw. You may need to increase the font size so that recipients can read your emails.
Keywords: email, style, sent, recipient, font, groupwise