GroupWise: Resend or Retract an Email
How can I do this in...Google, Outlook
If you inadvertently send an email and realize you made a mistake, you can retract the email from the recipients' mailboxes and resend it rather than sending a correction email or sending two copies of the email.
This feature is only available on-campus. If you send an email to anyone with an off-campus address or if your recipient has email forwarding set up, you cannot retract the email from their mailbox.
To Retract an Email :
You may only retract an email if the email recipient[s] have not yet opened it.
- Select the "Sent Items" folder > Click to select the email you wish to retract.
- Click [Retract] in the top menu bar to delete the email from the recipients' mailboxes. .
- To make sure the email has been retracted, double-click the sent item > Click [Properties].
- Check whether the word "Retract" appears under the "Action" column. It may take a few minutes for the word to appear.
To Retract and Resend an Email:
After you retract the email using the above steps, it remains in your Sent box. You can make changes and resend the email with the corrections.
- Select your "Sent Items" folder > Right-click on the email.
- Select "Resend" from the drop-down list.
- Make any desired corrections.
- Click [Send] > Click [Yes] when asked if you want to retract the original item.
To Retract Email from Off-Campus:
If you are using the off-campus WebAccess, you can only retract an email by deleting it from all mailboxes. To resend the message, simply copy the text before you delete the email and paste the message into a new email. To delete the email,
- Click "Sent Items" in the left-hand column.
- Select the email you want to retrac
- Click [Delete From All Mailboxes] in the bar above the list of emails.
Keywords: email, GroupWise, retract email, email, resend email, email mistake, e-mail mistake, delete email, delete e-mail, duplicate email, duplicate e-mail, retract e-mail, resend e-mail