Groupwise: Install GroupWise Messenger
Novell GroupWise Messenger is Cedarville University's preferred on-campus instant messaging (IM) system.
Install GroupWise Messenger
Click the [Start] button > Click "All Programs > Select "Novell GroupWise" > "Novell Messenger."
If the Groupwise Messenger option does not display, skip to the Set GroupWise Messenger... section below and follow those steps.
- A Novell log-in box will appear. Type in your Cedarville username and password > Click [OK].
- The first time you log in to GW Messenger, you may be prompted to enter a server name. Type the following path into the "server" box: messenger.cedarville.edu.
- Click [OK].
- Your contact list will now display; however, it will be empty the first time you log in.
Set GroupWise Messenger to Launch Automatically
- Open the Novell GroupWise email program.
- Choose "Tools" > "Options..."
- Double-click on the "Environment" icon.
- Click on the "General" tab.
- Check the box labeled "Launch Messenger at startup."
- Click [OK] > Click [Close]
- Exit the GroupWise email program and then reopen it for the settings to take effect.
Learn how to Add Contacts or Initiate an IM Conversation.
Keywords: instant messenger, instant messager, AIM, AOL, IM, GAIM, Pidgin, message, contacts, Group Wise, email, e-mail