Outlook: Create a Recurring Calendar Appointment
A recurring appointment is an appointment that happens several times. By adding recurrence to an appointment, you can duplicate the appointment information without having to create a new appointment.
To create or add recurrence to a calendar appointment:
- Go to the Calendar in the navigation pane.
- In the ribbon, select "New Appointment" or open an existing appointment from the calendar to add recurrence information to.
- In the "Options" group in the ribbon inside the appointment, click "Recurrence." The Appointment Recurrence window will open.
- Select the start and end times of your appointment in the dropdown boxes.
Select how often you want the appointment to reoccur by clicking the radio button next to one of the following options:
- Daily: If the appointment recurs every day, every few days, or every weekday
- Weekly: If the appointment recurs on the same days for several weeks or every few weeks
- Monthly: If the appointment recurs on the same day of the month every month or few months
- Yearly: If the appointment recurs on the same day of the year every year or few years
Select the specifics for when you want the appointment to recur:
- For daily reoccurrences, choose whether you want the appointment to repeat every day or every few days, or whether you want it to repeat only on weekdays.
- For weekly reoccurrences, choose whether you want the appointment to repeat every week or every few weeks. Also select boxes next to the days of the week you want the appointment to recur on.
- For monthly reoccurrences, choose whether you want the appointment to recur on the same date in each month or every few months, or whether you want it to repeat on a specific day of the month (like the second Sunday).
- For yearly reoccurrences, choose whether you want the appointment to recur on the same date every year or every few years or whether you want it to repeat on a certain day of the month, such as the first Sunday of July.
Select the range of time during which the event will recur. Select a start date by clicking on the dropdown box and clicking on the date in the calendar.
- For recurring events that have no end date, such as an anniversary or birthday, leave the radio button next to "No end date" selected.
- For events that occur a specific number of times, select the radio button next to "End after:" and enter the number of times it will happen in the occurrences field.
- For other events, select an end date by clicking on the dropdown box and clicking on the date in the calendar.
- Click [OK]. In the Appointment window, the recurrence details will be displayed below the Location field.
- When you are finished editing the rest of the appointment, click Save & Close.
To edit or remove recurrence information from an appointment:
- Double-click on the appointment in the calendar to open it. A pop-up box will appear asking if you want to open just this occurrence of the appointment or open the series of appointments.
- Select "Open the series" and click [OK].
- In the "Options" group in the ribbon, click "Recurrence." The Appointment Recurrence window will open.
- To edit, change any details as desired and click [OK].
- To stop the appointment from recurring, click [Remove Recurrence].
- When you are finished editing the appointment, click [Save & Close].
Keywords: recurring calendar event, repeating calendar event, repeating meeting, repeating appointment, repeating event, repeat events, events that repeat, repeat appointments, copy appointment, copy meeting, copy event