Wireless Connection to CU-Secure
Wireless Connection to CU-Secure
Information technology strongly recommends that users connect to the cu-secure network using the following instructions. The cu-secure network provides increased security, fewer prompts to log in, and access to CedarPrint.
You will only need to complete this process once for each device that you access cu-secure with.
Good news for Fall 2016!
You no longer need to run the cu-secure configuration tool for most Windows laptops to connect to cu-secure. Follow the new simplified instructions below to connect. You will need your CedarNet username and password to complete the steps. If you do not remember your CedarNet username and password, please contact information technology at 937-766-7905 for assistance.
- Open the wireless connections on your computer > Select cu-secure > Click "Connect."
- You should be prompted to enter a username and password. Enter your CedarNet login credentials > Click "Connect."
Your computer will prompt you to make sure that you want to connect to the network. Click "Connect."
Your computer will look different depending on what version of Windows you are using. In Windows Vista and Windows 7, it will read, "The Credentials provided by the server could not be validated. We recommend that you terminate the connection.
In Windows 8, 8.1, and 10, it will read, "Continue Connecting? If you expect to find cu-secure in this location, go ahead and connect. Otherwise, it may be a different network with the same name."
Your computer should now be connected to the cu-secure network.
If you are running an older version of Mac OS (OS X 10.4 Tiger or earlier), please stop this process and bring your computer to TechStop for support.
- Wi-Fi should be turned on by default to automatically detect available wireless networks. If not, turn it on.
- Click the wireless icon in your upper toolbar > Select "cu-secure."
- Log in using your CedarNet username and password. Click [OK]. If you are asked to "Verify Certificate," click [Continue]. You should now be connected to cu-secure.
- On your iPhone, iPod, or iPad, open the Settings app > Tap [Wi-Fi] > Tap [cu-secure].
- When prompted, enter your CedarNet username and password > Tap [Join].
- When the certificate warning appears, tap [Accept]. You should now be connected to cu-secure.
- Open the Settings app on your Android device (phone, phablet, or tablet), and make sure the switch next to [Wi-Fi] is set to [On].
- Tap [Wi-Fi], and wait for available networks to be discovered. Tap [cu-secure] to start connecting to the network.
Your device should automatically detect the following network settings:
- Security: 802.1x EAP
- EAP Method: PEAP
- Phase 2 Authentication: None
- CA certificate: (unspecified)
- Enter your CedarNet username in the "Identity" field. Leave the "Anonymous Identity" field blank.
- Enter your CedarNet password in the "Password" field.Tap [Connect]. Your device should return to the wireless network list and show that it has successfully connected to cu-secure.
- Click the network icon from the status bar in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Click the network status button located beneath your name and email address.
- Click [Join other...] in the lower left corner of the menu box.
Enter the appropriate information in the corresponding fields as follows:
- SSID: cu-secure
- EAP method: EAP-TTLS
- Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPv2
- Server CA certificate: Default
- Identity: (your CedarNet username)
- Password: (your CedarNet password)
- Anonymous identity: (leave blank)
- Check the “Save identity and password” box.
- Click [Connect].
- Open Google Chrome > Navigate to an external (non-Cedarville-affiliated) website.
- Log in with your CedarNet credentials. You should now be connected to cu-secure.
Keywords: wireless, cu-secure, connect, connection, wireless connection, laptop, Mac, Chrome, Chromebook, Chrome book