Position Announcement - Dean and Associate/Full Professor
School of Biblical and Theological Studies
Faculty: Associate/Full Professor and Dean
The Cedarville University School of Biblical and Theological Studies invites applications for a tenure-track eligible Associate or Full Professor faculty position. The successful candidate will also serve as the Dean of the School of Biblical and Theological Studies for a twelve-month administrative appointment. We place a high priority on integrity, collegiality, and rigor in the classroom.
As a professor, the Dean may teach courses in the minors, majors, and masters programs in the School of Biblical and Theological Studies (SBTS). The SBTS majors and masters programs provide students with biblical and theological foundations and practical ministry skills for a lifetime of faithful ministry. The SBTS serves the University as a whole through the Bible Minor (five classes in Bible and theology taken by every student) and promoting campus-wide biblical integration.
The Dean will promote cooperation, collegiality, and unity in accordance with biblical values toward all colleagues, students, and constituents. The Dean will also provide leadership in the development, fulfillment, and assessment of the mission, objectives, and strategic plan of the School of Biblical and Theological Studies while equipping the school with tools, training, and funding necessary to fulfill on the educational promise made to our students.
This position is subject to the University's verification of credentials along with other information required by law and Cedarville University policies, including the successful completion of a background check. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. This position is pending budget approval.
- Ph.D. or equivalent in the field of Bible or Theology
- Record of teaching excellence and academic achievement
- Ten years of relevant professional experience, including at least five years of relevant experience in higher education
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to relate to internal and external constituencies
- Ability to work collaboratively on a team
- Record of effective leadership in faculty, student, and program development
- Commitment to biblical integration in and out of the classroom
- Qualified applicant must be a born-again Christian with a personal commitment to Jesus Christ
- Qualified applicant must agree with and be willing to abide by Cedarville University's Doctrinal Statement, Community Covenant, and General Work Place Standards.
All official inquiries should be directed to Jennifer Cochran (email@example.com), Director of Academic Human Resource Services.
Cedarville University is an Equal Opportunity Employer